Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Gourlay

Guardsman Protector
« on: May 22, 2004, 12:07:39 am »
I recently did a job for a carpet shop[ of applying stain protector.

I offered no guarantee.

He phoned my wife afterwards and thank us for doing the job straight away and the cheque was in the post,

He did say that when he used to apply guardsman himself he got a guarantee from Guardsman.

It was not guardsman I applied.

Does anyone know how the Guardsman scheme works.

Is it only available to Carpet Shops or can Carpet Cleaners join.

When I first started I was offered Stainmaster but as it was not available locally I did not get it, but as I understood it there was no guarantee or insurance cover

Regards

Ian

Len Gribble

Re: Guardsman Protector
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2004, 12:43:18 am »
Ian

Guardsman = Safeclean franchise

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

Derek

« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2004, 09:41:25 am »
Hi

Some years ago ALL Guardsman products were silicone based and were therefore incompatable with fluorochemical treatments.
Guardsman did change over to Fluorochemical fabric protectors but I am not sure whether the carpet protector changed too at the same time?

Silicone protection treatments are excellent water repellants but do attract oil and grease based staining whilst fluorochemical protection treatments give a repellancy to oil and water based stains.

PLEASE NOTE I use the word 'repellancy' NO treatment is absolutely  bulletproof against stains and should not be sold as such

ps... there are several silicone protection treatments still being sold

Cheers
Derek

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2004, 08:21:55 am »
Dereck,

Do you know if Guardsman gave a guarantee to stain reppelant applied buy Carpet Retailers.

Did or do they pay a fee to Guardsman for the Guarantee in attention to the cost of the protector.

I am puzzled as he had a drum although nearly empty of Guardsman in Garage. ( However enough for Job) so I was wondering why he wanted me to do job.

Relations are strange people

Regards

Ian

Derek

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2004, 09:48:05 am »
Hi Ian

I think that you will find that most companies use a seperate underwriter for their policies.

Only three companies, to my knowledge, have underwritten their own warranties... needless to say none of them are currently in the protection market.

Incidentally I have treated furniture/carpets many times for people who have direct access to the product you mention.

Regards
Derek

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2004, 12:34:12 pm »
As far as I'm aware, NO manufacturer offers a performance guarantee for their protector as there are too many consumers will attack spots and spills incorrectly. Some do, however, offer an insurance policy as belt and braces for the consumer. There is a fundamental difference between the two.

Safe and happy cleaning:)
Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2004, 10:24:21 am »
Thanks,

I just wanted to be 120% sure of my facts before I phoned him back.

I think he was just winding me up, but I needed to be sure as I get quite a lot of cleaning work through his shop.

Regards

Ian