Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

geefree

QUICK QUESTION
« on: October 13, 2006, 01:39:31 pm »
Hi,

Just a quick question , and far sighted of me,

but for the guys who employ,  do you collect the money yourself or let the lads do it.? .. providing you get the money straight after a clean.

my point being, they know how much money you are making etc,.... and will you keep hold of them ,? as they know what they could earn themselves  as opposed to
 working for someone...

or is that just a chance you take?

gary.

Trevor Knight

Re: QUICK QUESTION
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 01:44:35 pm »
My lads collect and the money is checked to the penny.

Yes they know how much the business earns, but they also know how much time and money is invested into the business and about getting it right, they also get paid when it rains, sickness, when they are on holiday and I also pay them a very good wage.

You will always have the possibility that they will go out on their own but you should also have it written in their contract that they are NOT allowed to approach any contacts or customers gained whilst working for your company for a minimum period of 6 months should they leave.

best wishes,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

LSB

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 02:56:04 pm »
Mine collect from those that are in during the clean ! the rest is collected by my retired father ( 15% of what he collects ) and the rest by s.a.e. !  they know roughly how much the work is worth ( with the exception of schools / offices etc ) but this can work in your favour as mine know what i expect them to do per day , and they manage to do it some days earlier than others ! One point that i have mentioned on here before , is that , when i went on holiday a few years ago they all still worked but one of them remembered who had been out , and went collecting for himself ( approx £250 ) which i never got back , even with notifying the police ! and obviously i couldnt re-charge the customers  so i had to swallow it 

LSB

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2006, 02:57:33 pm »
Mine collect from those that are in during the clean ! the rest is collected by my retired father ( 15% of what he collects ) and the rest by s.a.e. !  they know roughly how much the work is worth ( with the exception of schools / offices etc ) but this can work in your favour as mine know what i expect them to do per day , and they manage to do it some days earlier than others ! One point that i have mentioned on here before , is that , when i went on holiday a few years ago they all still worked but one of them remembered who had been out , and went collecting for himself ( approx £250 ) which i never got back , even with notifying the police ! and obviously i couldnt re-charge the customers  so i had to swallow it  

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2006, 03:27:04 pm »
My lads collect and the money is checked to the penny.

Yes they know how much the business earns, but they also know how much time and money is invested into the business and about getting it right, they also get paid when it rains, sickness, when they are on holiday and I also pay them a very good wage.

You will always have the possibility that they will go out on their own but you should also have it written in their contract that they are NOT allowed to approach any contacts or customers gained whilst working for your company for a minimum period of 6 months should they leave.

best wishes,

Trev
>

I believe that a "no poaching" clause is unenforceable but they probably won't know that.  The thinking behind it being that the customer is at liberty to choose their service provider.

geefree

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 11:11:07 am »
thanks lads