Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

sweep sue

Forum Help
« on: November 25, 2006, 11:36:02 pm »
Well what can i say posted 1 day ago no replies but yet otheres have replies straight away most of the people in this forum do not live in hull if any and all i wnat is a little help well i honestly thought that was this forum was for, well i will be doing a website on no help forums and this will be top of my list except for gerry

pdl

Re: Forum Help
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2006, 03:04:04 pm »
Hi,
I've posted in a another post on this forum just within the last fortnight.

have a look at the following topic "HELP WITH QUOTE FOR BUILD CLEAN" dated 14/11/06  by Gary Evans.

Similar type and size of building,  I gave gary some advice as to costs.

regards
PDL
Never ASSUME, to ASSUME makes an ASS out of U and ME              Cannock Staffordshire

sweep sue

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2006, 04:51:31 pm »
Thnaks ever so much for your help

murky

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 02:02:27 pm »
I feel the same.

I posted a request on how to clean some ceramic tiles and only had 1 reply, though meant well didnt really help.

Please someone advise me on how to clean some not so dirty ceramic tiles around an indoor swimming pool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Murky

absolutecleaning

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2006, 02:18:50 pm »
We use some sort of acid - i think its for cleaning bricks - dilute and is v easy

Robert Parry

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2006, 04:25:46 pm »
Please, can we get real, lots of help is available on this forum and others, however, if you are an absolute beginner withinn this industry, there is a very simple way of obtaining knowledge, TRAINING.

People ask for allsorts of help, Risk Assessments, Health & Safety, Employement Law, Contractual Law etc, this information costs real money and a real investment in time and training, this is neither easy or cheap.

Regarding pricing, c'mon, the only way to do this is by experience, there are a few computer programmes that allude to make this most difficult of jobs easy, but they all fall down on this, you have to take into account a whole heap of variables, not least is the standard that your proposed client wants regarding cleanliness for their building, giving out prices on this forum or others, is rather like giving a verbal quote over the phone, sight unseen, so how on earth do you expect us to help?

Different if the question relates to an area, such as a wooden floor, there are indeed standard times for fixtures, floors etc, but once again to avail yourself of these standard times, actually means that they cost money, so you must invest in this information, I have for instance given approx timescales and costs to complete a certain task, but would never suggest a price for a contract without seeing the site first, the only advice i would give is twofold-

1. On your visit try to ascertain how clean is clean according to the client, ask lots of questions regarding why they are changing cleaning companies.

2. Being mindful of the above, guess how long it would take you personally, to do the job to the required standard, that is your baseline, to which you add wages, tax, profit etc.

Regarding the dirty tiles surrounding a swimming pool, perhaps if you informed us in greater detail what the problem is we would be able to help, pictures as an example, and an exact type of tile, sounds like you need an acid rinse, but you may remove a coating for example, you may due to in-experience end up burning the tiles, again in my opinion, insufficient information prevents me and others from offering help.

Just one final point, moaning about how little help you recieve, will do you no favours long term, be polite, be professional and most of all keep asking, and when you can help others, here endeth the sermon according to Rob.

Regards,

Rob
A world of difference....