Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TVCS

Pole Carrying
« on: September 22, 2006, 06:46:12 am »
Hi everyone,
Just a quick question for you.

How do you guys transport your poles in your vehicles?  I have a swb transit and find my poles only just fit.  At the moment they lay diagonaly on the floor of the van but I am concerned about them being damaged. 
Do any of you attatch them to you roof rack? if so how? 
Im sure you are all thinking 'what a pleb' but there must be a easy way of doing it but I havent sussed it out yet.
Maybe most people use poles in shorter sections thus not having this problem.
Well, many thanks to anyone willing to shed light on this for me.
Keep busy
Ant
TVCS
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

Trevor Knight

Re: Pole Carrying
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 07:08:23 am »
We use a pole carrier that sits on the roof rack, you can buy them from Cleantech.

Best wishes,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 03:12:55 pm »
Hi TVCS,

I haven't got around to doing it myself as yet, but I intend on hanging 4" soil pipe from the inside roof of my SWB Sprinter, if you hang them on the passenger side you should be able use a piece that stretches right into the cabin, the stop cap is optional it depends if you want your passengers to get soaked everytime you brake  ;D

You could do the same from your roof rack but I just want to be able to pull up at the end of the day and forget about them, not be worrying about someone stealing my poles.

Regards

Alistair

TVCS

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 06:56:26 pm »
Cheers chaps,
Will look at clean tech and see if funds will stretch.

Had terrible day today and must find beer now.
Ant
TVCS

TVCS

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 09:20:11 pm »
A beer and a curry later.

What a day.
You know sometimes you should just stay in bed, well today was that day for me.

Busy day today, I normally leave my big houses for Saturdays, big houses, bigger prices. So I had a good days takings ahead of me.

8:30.  Phone my first job to make sure she'd be there.( funny old dear living in a house the size of Telford.)  "No dont come today dear I'm on me way out"  D'oh.  Never mind I think.  Put the phone down and pull off the drive.  Oh B*ll*cks I shout.  The hose pipe was still attached to me van.  Open up the van to see lots of stretched and broken pipes.  Luckily it was the feed pipe so no water leaking or lost. Silly me.

8:45.   Listen to the wife go on and on and on.

9:00.   Arrive at my next job.   Lovely big house with great windows.  Connect up my new short pole for the downstairs which my wife was planning on doing.  Pump on.  Water everywhere.  Hole in the pipe.   Big moaning session about the pole suppliers and the fact it was its first outing.  "I know, I'll just cut the pipe and re connect it."  D'oh.  Cut the pipe, fetched tool box, no spanner the right size.  Result.  One out of action pole. 

9:45.  House next door.  Huge place but with pretty scabby windows.  Managed to get tangled arround every solar powered garden light in the the vacinity. 

10:15.  Home for coffee and to fix tiny pole.  Got spanners and removed the compression valve.  Removed olive and sleeve.  Got new olive as old one was a bit squashed.  Put back together.  Water everywhere again.  The connection was leaking and I hadn't cut the dodgy bit of pipe off anyway.  What a noggin,  Finally got it rocking.  What a clever chap I am.

11:00.  Drove to a new customers house to price up windows and gutter cleaning.  Lovely lady, got the job.  Then really impressed her when my beloved van failed to start on her drive.  Starter  motor or something else.  Rolled off her drive hoping to pick up enough speed to try and bump start it.

Long story short.  Spent the rest of the day tangled up with solar lights  and bump starting me van.  Fell over and nearly broke me back at the same time."is the pole ok?" my wife shouted.  I cant repeat what I said.

Well, finally make it back to he ranch only to find the dog had been sick in the hall way and one or both of then had had the bin out.

Still,
Mustn't Grumble.

Sorry to go on for so long but it has made me feel slightly better. Or is that the beer.
Ant
TVCS

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2006, 07:24:45 pm »
Ant

It sounds like a typical day for me , well apart from the dog

Dave

MNWC

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2006, 02:02:17 pm »
Great Story ........Shame its a true one  :D

AuRavelling79