Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DASERVICES

What could happen if you do not do a risk assesment
« on: September 24, 2006, 04:15:43 pm »
  Found this on the web, just one example I have seen where a w/c has been
  awarded compensation from a fall. This is putting me right off employing
  someone even though I use WFP.

http://www.anthonygold.co.uk/page.cfm/link=316

It just takes one incident and your buisness could be ruined. Fell sorry for the
   guy though.

Doug

poleman

Re: What could happen if you do not do a risk assesment
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 06:28:27 pm »
So many will say, will never happen to me BUT we cant predict the future! 

£1.6m awarded to Window Cleaner  :o not only a RA because the HSE can prosecute you even put you out of business or / and imprisonment allso make sure you are properly cover under your insurance because insurance companies don’t like paying out at the best of times

Andy

s.hughes

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 10:04:08 pm »
I suppose it was his employee insurance that paid it out. But from what I read it mentions that it was a private house that was being cleaned. How does this work with a risk assessment? Does this mean that we have to do a risk assessment for residential work also?

Steve

poleman

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 10:21:07 pm »
I would say a overall RA of how you employees works, each year we do generic RA and document this and go thought it with the employees (like mobile phones where driving), a RA to a customer is for them to know how safe you work, most commercial sites wont those under the management of work regulations, as for house holders it’s a different matter and insurance companies will dictate to a point, because if you trip over something when on there property which was unsafe and you not able to ever work again for what ever reason then you are initialed to compensation – as they permitted you to work there

Andy