Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

billygoat

shurflo backpack problem
« on: September 15, 2006, 09:04:26 pm »
Hi,I've not posted on here before(but have been reading this forum with great interest for the last couple of months).I've been w/c for the last 26 years(must be mad) and have decided to give wfp a go using a back pack for starters.
I bought back pack from usa,it arrived yesterday and put it on charge for 24 hours,but I'm not getting enough pressure for the water to even dribble out my brush.The indicator light comes on and the pump seems to run although there does not seem to be much difference in the flow on any of the settings.
I hope I'm being dim and have missed something simple,any help would be much appreciated,
    thanks Tim

williamx

Re: shurflo backpack problem
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 10:33:12 pm »
I would check the battery it sound like it is flat, the charger that you are using might not be working.

Connect a different UK battery charger directly onto the battery, see if this helps.

Also check all the hose pipes to see if their are any kinks also bleed the pump.

neil100

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 11:03:21 pm »
It has a button underneath that is the speed setting, for every press of the button it increases the speed. Their are 4 speed settings. As a rule most set it on speed 2. Any faster and you will run out of water very quickly.

Keep the shoulder straps tight, and use the belt strap, tighten as tight as you can, It helps transfer the weight from your shoulders onto your hips.

Welcome to the forum.

Neil.

Pat Purcell

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 11:10:34 pm »
I have heard that even with a converter that US battery may not charge properly when connected to 220v mains , dont know if its true but may be the problem
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2006, 12:06:22 am »
Try running it without any fittings on the hose, that will rule out an airlock or any fittings causing a restriction, if the flow from the hose is ok then then you need to look for a faulty fitting or hose going to your brush, I did get an airlock on mine once and had to remove my hoselock fitting to cure it.

Sussex by the sea

billygoat

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2006, 12:40:25 am »
Thanks for  the sugestions,I think and hope it is a battery problem so will try and sort it out,many thanks,
                                         Tim

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2006, 12:45:48 am »
Just noticed you are in west sussex if you are local to me then your welcome to try my battery.
Sussex by the sea

billygoat

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2006, 12:53:27 am »
Thanks Chris, if I can't sort it I'll get back to you,by the way I'm near Chichester,cheers

dai

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2006, 11:19:04 am »
Billy, you can test if it's the battery by taking the spade connectors off your backpack battery and connect them to jump leads from your car battery. If it's not the battery just check inside the backpack container in case something has been left inside it that could obstruct the flow.
If that's clear then disconnect all the hose fitting. If your water is not flowing, then the unit is faulty. or there maybe something is blocking the pump. Dai