Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TVCS

My Van Setup. TVCS
« on: September 03, 2006, 04:22:44 pm »
How do everyone.
I know I have gone on about it for a while now but I have got my van system in now, apart from power to my pump.  I want to show you some pics so you can tell me where i have gone wrong or what would work better or wether I should rip it out and start again.
I have a small querie.
In the pics you will see that the hose from the pump splits with a t junction fitting type thing as I want to possibly run two poles at once. ( I know I have a jubilee clip missing at the mo) the querie is when the pump is running is the pressure going to be equal to both poles as one is longer than the other.
Please feel free to comment or advise or take the mickey.
Cheers in advance
Ant
TVCS.
Veni, vidi, vino, splatus.

(I came, I saw, I drank, I fell over...)

pjulk

Re: My Van Setup. TVCS
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2006, 07:38:46 pm »
I would fix that tank in better.

If you had an accident those straps are no going to hold it neither is your bulkhead.

Paul

Clear Vision

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 08:14:46 pm »
Those straps are fine. Although bigger ones would'nt go a miss

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 10:43:50 am »
Those straps look no bigger than 1 ton straps , in the event of a crash the wait of that tank will amplify by 18 times at a sudden stop at 30 miles an hour so therefor 250 litre = 250 kg times 18 = 4.5 tones,,, so bigger straps are needed

TVCS

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 07:42:59 pm »
Cheers guys, I will get some bigger straps.  The ones on there claim to have a minimum breaking point of 800kg.  In the paperwork I recieved with the tank it recommends straps of at least 750kg, but better to be safe than sorry so I will purchase some more.
Does the rest look ok and any ideas about running the two poles together and the pressure probs.  For all I know it will work ok but it seems to me that the water will want to travel the shortest distance.
Cheers
ANt
TVCS

simbo

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 09:43:53 pm »
just looking, but do you just conect up to hose at home, say overnight and fiter through ro straight into tank. i am thinking of doing this but need a larger ro, how do you get rid of waste water
silly questions i know but a bit tired and constantly looking at ways to better my setup
cheers simbo

TVCS

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2006, 07:52:46 pm »
simbo,
the red and green hoses in van by the tank go through the floor and that is where i connect to water over night. waste water is hosed to a 1000lt tank in garden to water my bananas.

simbo

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2006, 09:24:44 pm »
Cheers, what size ro do you have and how long to fill as thought about doing this but would have to time it well as not to overflo tank. I get the fact that you can probably put some sortof cut off valve but god knows what, i love my wf but the waste just doesn't feel right but have no real use for that amount of water. On another post i saw that it is poss to transfer the waste to your header tank in loft but not so sure. On another note what have you used as anchor points for your tank as i think this is going to be my next project, just waterproofing van floor at mo
cheers simbo

TVCS

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2006, 09:46:32 pm »
200gl per day.
Not too sure how long to fill as I havent filled up yet, there is a float valve in the tank to prevent overfilling.
Anchor points were already in van when I bought it last year, you can find them in screwfix I beleive.

Jon T.C.

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2006, 10:19:14 pm »
Ant, are you going to the Express Cleaning open day at Malvern tomorrow?

Regards Jon

ps the offer of a day out still stands
Elite Cleaning Solutions

TVCS

« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2006, 10:08:17 pm »
Cheers Jon, I've not forgotten.
Unable to get to malvern tomorrow snowed under with both jobs at the moment. 
I'll give you a ring when everything has calmed down and we'll arrange a day that suits both of us.
All the best
Ant
TVCS

carlm

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2006, 06:11:30 pm »
just reading this article has put a grin on me chin. ;D
i've been poling on and off for @ a month but have then in the last two week done nothing but pole .
its been a lesson and half so i think i can tell you a thing or two ive learn't on the way .
1.   to fill my tank (1000ltr) to around 750ltr takes 10 hours (75ltrs per hour which fills my two back pack twice and will last @20 mins).

2.   to do @ 350 pounds of work i use around 900 ltrs

3.   you definately need a storage tank at home (in case)

4.   get a pump   thus to pump from storage tank to van done within the hour b4 you   go out  saves your van being wrecked in the middle of the night while your asleep or if need be fillup while you have dinner .

5. i began with all my system in the van but found that the total wieght of di's and ro is better replaced with water for the job to make me more money a day also having it all at home means the equipment is less likely to  need any maintanance. i had to replace 25ltr of resin within 3 days as the movement of the van caused a filter (in a supplied filled DI tank) to come loose and I ended up with 25ltr of resin in the water tank all i could do was water my bananas with it . costly lesson learned.
6.  to  take all advice with a pinch of salt cause peoples requirement are all different .

TVCS

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2006, 10:12:17 pm »
First day of wfp today.
Been practicing on our windows and as todays jobs were all good customers with good new-ish windows I decided to give it a whirl.

Made a few mental notes as the day went on.  The first job was a big bungalow with a conservatory the size of  Wales.  Got through 100 lts of water there.  Really went to town with the rinsing.  (paranoid)  Also noticed that I need some small poles, maybe 2-3 ft max just for doing bungalows or downstairs windows as I was getting a bit caught up with my bigguns.  Also discovered it is best to start near the van and work my way away from it other wise I found that I was constantly tripping up on the hose. 

I run out of water by lunch.  I only have a 250lt tank so went back to trad for the rest of the day.  My tank seems to take hours to fill.  Is it normal or do I need to tweak something.  The inline tds meter reads 239 ish going in and 0 going out, sometimes rising to about 2 or 3. 
Phoned the customers this evening to see what they thought of the results and they were all pleasantly suprised.  One lady today didnt want to pay as she thought I hadnt finished due to the windows being wet.  I explained and told her that I'd re-clean if she wasn't happy when the windows dried but she was quite impressed when I spoke to her this evening. 
If anyone can recommend a smaller pole, all advice will be greatly received as ever.
Cheers
Ant
TVCS

poleman

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2006, 10:52:20 pm »
Good to see a new WFP window cleaner.

Low water pressure might be your problem, if so the get a pump before the RO if the RO is a good GPD that is, poles lots on the market try here nice and cheap www.brodexbms.co.uk WFP is total new way of cleaning windows and it will take time, the first year is a learning curve, its not a magic wond but you are safer, fast (in most cases) and will make you more money GOOD LUCK and my the force be with you  8)

Andy

TVCS

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2006, 09:59:41 pm »
Cheers poleman.
I have noticed that for speed reasons parking in the right spot is vital.  had to move the van a couple of times and that slowed me down but next time I'll be flying. 
I have a 200gpd ro and at the moment I am getting about 30lts per hour.  as I only have a 250 ltr tank it isnt too much of a proplem but I will be either getting a second tank or just a bigger one.  HAd the phone ring non stop today with new customers.  As I live in a small 1 horse town a new bit of kit soon gets everyone interested.( people here are still amazed by the picture box, I mean television)  Tyring to blag an editorial out of the local paper too I think that would be a great boost. 

The force will be with me, I hope.
Ant
TVCS

marc al

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2006, 08:55:30 pm »
  Ant

With regards to a smaller pole, I had a 4 x 4ft pole made by gardiner poles, it is obviously only 16ft long, but is long enough to reach all upstairs windows and reach over most conservatories, but also is short enough to use easily downstars. It is also very light and has speeded up my work no end, I have been wfp for 2 years and have only been using this pole for about 4 months, although wished I had bought it ages ago.

Marc

TVCS

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2006, 08:34:23 pm »
Cheers Marc.
I ordered a small pole from gardiners the other night.  Only a 2x3ft but I think it will be just right for alot of my work and I still have the two biggies in the van when needed.
Another question for all you wfp pros out there. 
How do you is the best way for transporting your poles?  I have a swb transit and the poles have to lie in the van diagonaly, and they still only just fit.  What with the other odds and sods in the van I am worried of damaging them.  Do most of you guys have them on the roof or hooked up inside your vans?  Any tips or advice would be greatly received.    Many Thanks
Ant
TVCS