Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Robert Parry

What Is A Builders Clean?
« on: September 26, 2006, 01:12:15 pm »
See threads on this one all the time, but I must confess to being a little confused!

We hardly ever do builders cleans on house's, but we do an awful lot of commercial/industrial property, my question is, is it not the purpose of a builders clean to remove all dust and debris, marks and paint from all surfaces from the building to allow the tenant to move in the day after?

I hear the term "Sparkle Clean" bandied about, many times, sorry I really do not understand this, is this just for houses, or am I missing something?

Regards,

Rob
A world of difference....

Timmy Boy

Re: What Is A Builders Clean?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 04:31:09 pm »
Hi Rob
The term 'builders clean' that is used on here generally refers to the clean or cleans of new build houses constructed by the likes of Barratt, Bovis etc, or when somthing has been significantly refurbished. They tend to be spoken about seperately because there is more to do on a build clean. I.e. you would not be cleaning the exterior of a house on a normal clean or scraping excess paint off sockets etc.
The term 'sparkle' clean is a seperate clean to the build clean where you are (or should be) the last person to be in the house before the occupant moves in and you make sure that the place is spotless.
Regards
Tim 

Robert Parry

Re: What Is A Builders Clean?
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 09:38:19 pm »
Had a feeling that was the answer Tim, but as stated we include the "Sparkle" as standard, commercial client's seem to expect and are willing to pay for this, dont get asked by Barratt's, now I know why!
Many thanks.

Regards,

Rob
A world of difference....