Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

THE MAGIC CLEANING

bad paying customer
« on: August 20, 2006, 09:17:54 pm »
yeah folks we have got one of the bad paying customers and need some advice on what to do next  and the legal way please  :)   your help would be good

Mr BSF

Re: bad paying customer
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 09:26:28 pm »
Hi, if you give a bit more info... such as, are you still working for the client, contract length, payment terms, how much owed etc etc, I will try and help.

Regards

BSF ;D

DP

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 11:45:03 pm »
Try having a browse on this site its quite nifty.
http://www.payontime.co.uk/index.html
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

jimmyjames

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 12:45:22 pm »
Hi
Go to the small claims court service which can be found using a search on the net.You can then fill out a claim online and even follow its progress without leaving your computer.They usualy put on a £40.00-£80.00 charge ontop of what you are owed.In the past I have filled this out rang the party owing and suggested they pay befor I press the key to go ahead.Never failed so far.If its an ongoing client then try to talk to the owner or Director and explain the problem and see if you can work things out as usualy its some accountant holding things up and the person at the top has no idea you are still owed money.

THE MAGIC CLEANING

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 09:24:21 pm »
thanks for the reply it will be helpfull am i right in thinking i have to give them 14 days notice before i can procceed with the small  claims court 

jimmyjames

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 09:32:44 pm »
Hi as far as Im aware at any point past the invoive due date,but I send them a final letter saying payment overdue please pay within 7 days or will go to small claims court this will icur a charge ontop of invoice.If you rearly want to be hard apply for a company winding up order against them and inform them this is what you will do.That usualy scares them into paying.

THE MAGIC CLEANING

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 09:37:41 pm »
thankyou for the advice and it is welcome news