Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Timmy Boy

Woodstain
« on: August 11, 2006, 03:01:20 pm »
Afternoon all
I have made a rookie mistake. Moved a sofa (v.heavy!) to clean behind it, moved it back and the red/brown wood stain has streaked across the beige carpet :o. Can't get it out- tried everything in my stain kit. I have assumed the worst & have gone to find my cheque book. The thing is, does anyone know any last ditch ideas (solvents & irons etc have been tried), or is it due for the knackers yard. If so, I accept I have to pay for the carpet (v small front room), but do I get the carpet, or does the client, or do you guys just cough up a certain amount per sq foot/metre to the custy.
Many thanks

Tim

gwrightson

Re: Woodstain
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 04:18:10 pm »
Chem spec have a dye remover,
cant think of the name off the top of my head!!!!!!!
comes in two bottles and you mix the required amout together ,

i have had some success with this it is worth a try, using the heat transfer method .
i shall post the exact name later when i pick van up tommorow after its service
 Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Timmy Boy

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 05:11:31 pm »
Cheers Geoff, sounds like its worth a try

Mark Stanley

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 05:41:21 pm »
Yes it is right to accept liability if it was your fault. But  do as a loss adjuster would do, take into account age wear and tear etc. ect. before you settle, thats after you have tried everything else of course. If you are a member of a trade association seek advice from them too.

Regards
Mark
NCCA

bennymon

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 06:14:10 pm »
i done the same thing when i first started luckily it was in my lounge  now we have a laminate floor ;)

calmore

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 09:47:11 pm »
Would it be worth phoning the manufacturer of the furniture, to see if they have any ideas? After all, they must clean their spraying equipment with something.

Alternatively, try phoning the technical departments at woodstain manuf. such as Dulux, ICI etc and see if they know of a suitable product.

Calmore Carpet Cleaning-Southampton
www.calmore.com

Southern PAT Services
www.southernpatservices.com/

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 09:53:02 pm »
prochem used to do an alchohol spotter which was reasonably successful.

Shaun

murky

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 02:17:32 pm »
Yep, been there done that. Even after more than 10 years of this it will jump up and bite yer bum now and again. Happened to me about a year ago I just carried on rinsing the drag marks out with Alltecs powder and it rinsed out completely, eventually!
However where it had been standing whilst I did the rest of the work the stains were very deep and wouldn't really come out so I put the suite on the marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Luckily she didn't see it.
So when I went back this year she had moved the suite a few inches and she saw what had happened so I told here she should have left the pads down longer and she accepted it. PHEW!

Martin S

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 09:08:45 am »
Timmy boy,

I know it's maybe too late for this one, but next time buy yourself some 'sliders'.  That heavy sofa won't be heavy to move anymore, and you won't ruin the carpet either.   ;)
Martin