Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

alansavvi

There are so many buildings going up with stupid metal diffusers fixed which make it almost impossible to clean unless you use a cherry picker.

Just wondering if anyone has ever been consulted by an architech before they have designed the building.

On this topic, you wonder why all those federations cant get of there backsides and establish some communication with the design community. 

ducky

Re: Do architechs think about window cleaning before they design?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2006, 05:59:46 pm »
well said mate :)
if it cleans we will clean it

paul mather

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2006, 06:12:09 pm »
I was told by one of my customers who runs a building company that the architect should have a feasible way to clean every window in mind, before he designs it.

Yeh right.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Fast 1 *

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 06:18:22 pm »
Cleaned by the house owner from the inside
wildstyles

ducky

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 06:24:58 pm »
thats a nice one to mate ;D ;D
if it cleans we will clean it

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 07:03:41 pm »
We were asked to quote for this a while back !!!  All 8 columns were the same and set in a round building  ::)

Another example of current trends in building design not being practical.
Sarah

alansavvi

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 07:24:29 pm »
so is there anyone out there who represents us in these federations who is doing something?

Your answers please?

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 07:33:55 pm »
Old-and-fussy Mrs Smith from 42 Boxwell Road might not be happy unless her windows are sparkling clean; but for large business premises, I'm sure glass that looks relatively clean is good enough.

Maybe the architechs are aware that there is self-cleaning glass available and incorporate that into their designs?  There's no need for a window cleaner with that.

PS.

I lost an account about eight months ago due to the house holder getting Pilkington Glass (self cleaning) installed.

I've been keeping an eye on it.

He's either got himself another window cleaner, or it is really self-cleaning!

Mind you, I haven't put my nose up against it to check; only from a comfortable distance that stops me from being mistaken from a potential burglar eyeing up a victim; but it does look clean to me.

jeff1

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 07:52:19 pm »
Maybe self cleaning glass but they have yet to invent self cleaning frames???

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2006, 08:15:34 pm »
Maybe self cleaning glass but they have yet to invent self cleaning frames???

I don't think 'frames' really matter when it comes to large commercial work; or our residential customers in general.

It's nice we can do them with a WFP, but it's rare I've ever lost a customer (only two I can think off; when I was trad) that I was dumped because I didn't clean the frames.

I think the 'clean windows' no 'window cleaner' = no window cleaning expenditure is a good enough justification; and they won't lose any sleep over dirty frames.

freshwater

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 09:17:14 pm »
caustc,

Artichokes (as we call them, green vegetables) never consider the future maintenance of buildings, just take Stanstead airport, if you ever go there just take a look at all that dirty glass, that's impossible to get to. When you give your clients that ridiculous price of hundreds of pounds to clean their glass remember to tell whos fault it is.

steve@freshwatersystems.co.uk

JM123

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2006, 09:26:55 pm »
pilkington glass!! hahaha, I've got at least 30 customers with it - it really does work, I just go round to collect!! :D :D :D

seriously, I've loads of customers with it, its ok but not nearly worth the money.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

zeusjazmin

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2006, 09:30:55 pm »
ah, but was it not betterware or kleeneeze who used to sell a spray for £3.99 years ago that kept the windows clean for 10 years,i remember loosing a customer who bought it ,funnily enough i got her back a few months later ,guess what  the spray never worked