Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DASERVICES

Re: Ionics advertising, what a joke!
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2006, 05:42:05 pm »

Quick question Dave, don't know if you know the answer to this but something
  I was looking into but never found the result.

As stated you buy the van for £15,000, depreciation 3yrs x £1,500 = £4500

You sell the van after 3 yrs for £9,000 so £6,000 difference from when you
  first bought the van. Have only claimed £4,500 depreciation so could you
  claim for the difference between £6,000 and £4,500.

I know if the depreciation value of your van in your accounts was lower
  than your selling price you would have to add this as profit on your
  accounts.

Hope this makes sense.

Doug

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2006, 05:49:16 pm »
Doug

You assume correct, if you sell for a lower price than what you have claimed for in depreciation, yes you can claim an allowance on the shortfall.   Ie lost £6000 over 3 years but you only claimed the allowance on 3 Times £1500 = £4500, you are entitled to claim back the allowance on the extra £1500, if that makes sense, It is hard to describe in writing these money thinks lol.

It is always best to use an accountant, this is one case where a slight missunderstanding of how much you could claim could cost you quite a considerable sum

mark dew

« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2006, 06:29:39 pm »
I have just realised i have lost £30 a week in depreciation on my van, this equates to £1500 a year, I have to mot it and fix it as it breaks, so in reality that could be than £20 a week. So the total is £50 a week running costs

If i bought a new van for £15'000 and kept it for 3 years i could resell for £9'000, so that is a loss of £6000 which is £2000 a year which is £40 a week depreciation, I would not have to mot it or repair it, i would have to pay for servicing which is about £500 a year so there is another £10 a week, so that makes £50 a week like the older van.

Now the newer van will cost more to insure but this will be offset by the better fuel economy of the newer van.

Of course all this is tax deductable and ultimately a lower tax payer will pay in real terms £33.50 a week for a brand new van or an old banger, do the maths the figures arent much difference, i know which road i am going down.

A higher rate tax payer will pay even less in real terms £25 a week after tax allowance.

All these figures are guesstimates.

Its similar with a wfp system, after tax allowances a brand new system will cost half the price for a higher rate tax payer after the system gets to the end of its life.

uh???????????

lol, i'm still trying to get my head round this too.  :o

Is it best to hire purchase then, or lease???
I'm soon to be buying another van and i'm scratching my head now.

Back to the topic.

Being expensive is not a problem as long as there is choice.
Are you on a crusade caustic? ;)
There is more to admire about ionics than there is to criticise.
There would be no criticisms if their kits were being sold at gardiners prices.
Someone has worked hard to get them where they are. Fair play to them.

mark

ps
can their logo be used by non ionic users if they have their own company name in place of "reach and wash" ??