Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jouk45

BACKPACK COAT SPRAYER
« on: August 14, 2006, 09:57:35 pm »
Now what if we could wear a backpack, instead of putting it on our backs, this coat holds 19litres, it looks much more comfortable than carrying a backpack all day,  plus the weight would be evenly distibuted  around your body,we would get rid of the little hand pump, and the hose would run to the pole,
We could use a 12v battery belt instead of a using our normal  battery.
like this one,

THIS COAT  HOLDS 19 LITRES OF WATER,

the coat could have water pump incorporated into it like this car washer bag, like the one below in this pic.

And if you wanted to push this product to the ultmate backpack
just copy this idea of heating the water.

http://maddogs-shop.co.uk/ShowCategory.php?CategoryID=5&PHPSESSID=6caf136ca64cb18e61bc44778c695241
Well i hope some manufacturers see this,  and takes the idea, and turns it into reality. who ever does develop it , they will have a  great product, jouk45

JohnL

Re: BACKPACK COAT SPRAYER
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 07:20:11 am »
that would be fun if it sprang a leek in the winter  -  brrrrr!

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

jouk45

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 08:05:16 am »
johnl they are very tough and come with a puncture kit lol, ;D   no seriously they are very thick and strong, it would be easy for a supplier to make them, for one, the coats can be bought, and so can the battery belts, these batterys are 12v 10ah, a pocket for the pump can be heat welted to the coat, or ask who makes them to put the pocket or pouch on it, if you had the time, and money, this backpack coat can be made for £200, to start with,  and would get much cheaper in bulk buy,

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 09:45:13 am »
Hi Jouk,

You develop it we will sell it.

I think it looks great, I just haven't got the available time at the moment.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 04:53:46 pm »
Jouk,

I don't know mate.

How easy is it to fill?

Would it help retain your body-heat?  This could be great in Winter; but not so good in Summer.

I know mostly wear my backpack, I find it's a lot quicker to move about, but still dump it down infront of a bunch of windows if it's full.

Can you still do this?

I'm a bit unsure about the heated water bit too.  I think your link will provide a reference to a solar powered 'field shower'.  I've used them in the army, but they do take a good few hours of sun-shine to heat up; so it's not practical.

JohnL

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 06:23:33 pm »
you know that thing James Bond had strapped to his back to fly away on   .  .  .  .    :)

pop one of those on your back and you wouldnt need a pole  .  .   beam me up just a touch more Scottie, right a bit, left a bit more - fire   :)

;D      ;D     ;D     ;D     ;D     ;D

JohnL

West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 08:29:51 pm »
Hi Jouk
Would you need a feed line from the coat to the pump bag? or would you incorparate the pump into the coat?

jouk45

Re: BACKPACK COAT SPRAYER New
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 10:48:35 pm »
tosh the coat is not all rubber, the inside is padded and has interwoven fabric, also its not completly closed as you can see in the pic they use velcro straps, jeff, the pump would go somewhere most comfortable on the back of the coat, say a welted plastic pocket, the tube would be cut near the end leaving a small bit to fit into the inlet of the pump, and the remainder to the outlet, this is going to work theres no doubts about it, o as for the solar power heating, you dont have to wait on the sun anymore, you get what you call a solar torch, it sits on the solar panels and heats it up for you, when you get up early in the mornings pre heat them so its warmed up before you leave for work, so theirs always a way round everything except the wife lol

jeff1

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 11:00:01 pm »
Thanks Jouk
modern technology solar panels no longer rely on the sun to charge, there is plenty of uv rays in daylight even on a slightly overcast day charging can continue

matt

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 11:11:07 pm »
i like the idea