Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dave0123

ALDI and employment
« on: August 16, 2006, 10:35:21 pm »
hello, i was discusing today with my family that i really need to look at employing a young lad about 3days a week no more than that. i understand that you carnt have some1 working alsong side u self employed anymore because of the IR but how do aldi do it? because as far as i know they work self employed the shop assistants there  ??? wondering how do they get around it? anyone have any clues?

Dave
Dave.

Trevor Knight

Re: ALDI and employment
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 06:56:19 am »
Best thing to do is pop in and ask either a boss or an employee how it works.

Have to say it all sounds a bit strange??

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 08:29:06 am »
It is the same with Hair dressing salons, all of the stylists are usually Self-Employed and then give a cut (large!) to the Salon.

Strange because they use the premises, equipment, etc.

This is all above board, the Tax man is happy with it and most Salon's run this way.

Alex

matt

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 09:03:42 am »
It is the same with Hair dressing salons, all of the stylists are usually Self-Employed and then give a cut (large!) to the Salon.

This is all above board, the Tax man is happy with it and most Salon's run this way.

Alex

my wife is a hair dresser, she works part time 3 days a week on PAYE , yet others work on "rent a chair" the theory is, they only rent a chair, they dont use any of the salons others bits

paul mather

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 09:45:05 am »

Alex

Hairdressing salons are slightly different because the stylist is renting the space off the salon.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

ducky

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 11:42:50 am »
as long as ther main income does not com from u then u can do self employed. :)
if it cleans we will clean it

dave0123

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 09:08:24 pm »
does sound weird dont no how they get around it or anything. unless there employed but pay there own tax and ni ??? if you can do that? am not sure. it would be intresting to find out tho :P
Dave.

dai

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 10:00:10 pm »
My son works as a fisherman for 4 months of the year. His wages 35k a year are paid into his account monthly. He is classed as a self employed share fisherman. They get round this by paying him a 15k bonus at Christmas and saying it's a share of the catch. The inland revenue except this.
I know 50k is a lot of dough for 4 months work but he fishes for mackerel in the north sea between November and February and they often make 1000 ton landings at a million a time. Dai

matt

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 11:03:00 pm »
My son works as a fisherman for 4 months of the year. His wages 35k a year are paid into his account monthly. He is classed as a self employed share fisherman. They get round this by paying him a 15k bonus at Christmas and saying it's a share of the catch. The inland revenue except this.
I know 50k is a lot of dough for 4 months work but he fishes for mackerel in the north sea between November and February and they often make 1000 ton landings at a million a time. Dai

wasnt there a prog on these fishermen on discovery channel, 1 of the toughest jobs you can do, and you stand a very high chance of death whilst at work

Trevor Knight

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2006, 06:35:45 am »
hello, i was discusing today with my family that i really need to look at employing a young lad about 3days a week no more than that. i understand that you carnt have some1 working alsong side u self employed anymore because of the IR but how do aldi do it? because as far as i know they work self employed the shop assistants there  ??? wondering how do they get around it? anyone have any clues?

Dave

Sorry, I missed this in the beginning!

If you are paying him 3 days then I guess he is working elsewhere on the other 2/3 days so therefore you can pay him as a subcontractor quite legally.

He does the work, invoices you, you pay him, job done!
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire