Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Coleman

Re: Can you make a million from window cleaning?
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2006, 08:16:02 pm »
Of course you can make a million from window cleaning, the only ceiling on your earning power is you and that applies in all aspects of our lives. Everyone one allows others or even ourself to put limits on what we can achieve.

My new year resolution was to avoid everyone i knew who continually took negative viewpoints and told me you won't be able to do that or you will lose loads of customers when you switch to wfp etc. why let others rain on your parade because you have the balls to take the risks they would wet their pants thinking about.

Cheers Mark.

Well written Mark.
I had the same thing when I was starting trad window cleaning back in 1991.  I had comments like "There's a recession you know", "People won't pay to have that done", "Everybody's at it","What about the Winter?".
A year later, some of the people who said those things were asking if I wanted "a hand" on odd days so they could supplement their dole money.  Like he ll they could.  No-one was gonna hold my baby.  It wasn't much to shout about but I had pulled a living wage from nothing during a bitterly cold Winter in the worst recession in living memory (for most people).  I did it by knocking on doors on freezing cold evenings and asking the question.  Looking back, my prices were cr*p (but I didn't know any better and I did it without treading on anyones toes too).
I don't know about making a million.  There's certainly no reason not to get to a very nice income though.  I look at some parts of my business and I'm pretty impressed with what I can earn.  I look at other bits and I'm disgusted and wonder why I bother.  There's no reason why I can't make all the bits as good as the best bits.