Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

KS Cleaning

RIP Nigel (NWH)
« on: February 07, 2024, 07:33:28 pm »
As a mark of respect I have opened a new thread regarding the untimely passing of Nigel. I for one will miss the contribution he made to this forum.
RIP Nigel, condolences to his family and friends.

Splash & dash

Re: RIP Nigel (NWH)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2024, 07:39:12 pm »
Without wanting to speak ill of Nigel I am very surprised  how certain ones who never had a good word to say about him are now speaking as he was their best friend , little bit hypocritical don’t you think ?

simon w

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2024, 08:32:30 pm »
RIP NWH

windowswashed

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2024, 09:09:14 pm »
Many years ago when I was using a diesel heater for heating my water with an Omnipole  fitted hot box he phoned me up for an in depth view of using heated water and the pro's and cons.
He always livened up this forum with his views and opinions, didn't always agree with everything he wrote but he had some good and not so good ideas.
I'm sure he will be missed here on clean it up as he was a relentless poster.
It's hard to believe he was taken so early in life. No one knows how long they have in life so  never take anything for granted and live life the best you can being happy.
God rest your soul Nigel, it's the ones left behind, trying to come to terms with the loss who will find it the hardest, condolences to them all.

DJW

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2024, 09:13:22 pm »
51, no age really.
Funny how you picture someone in your head without ever meeting them.

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2024, 09:49:54 pm »
Lots of people don't get to see 50.....8 lads I grew up with(some of them long life friends)all died in their late 30s/early 40s....

150 years ago most working class peoples lives were over by the time they were 50.....

Every day is a bonus esp when your over 50
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2024, 09:52:36 pm »
Without wanting to speak ill of Nigel I am very surprised  how certain ones who never had a good word to say about him are now speaking as he was their best friend , little bit hypocritical don’t you think ?

When my gran died no one had one good word to say about her whole life at the funeral!she was an old witch though....as bad as they come.....
price higher/work harder!

KS Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2024, 10:38:55 pm »
Oh dear  :-[

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2024, 10:45:44 pm »
Nigel was a wind up merchant but never came across as malicious. Personally found him amusing and good fun to have on the forum

Rest in peace , gone far too soon. 😔

deeege

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2024, 11:45:18 pm »
I clashed with Nigel many times on these forums and we disagreed on loads of things. He was a character and I suspect was on a wind up most of the time.

Still, 51 is no age. RIP Nigel and condolences to Mrs Hooper and family.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

colin bird

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2024, 02:53:19 pm »
really sad news to hear the passing of nigel at such a young age.
he used to bring a lot of input to the forum.whilst at times some of his input used to rattle peoples cages,which i understand.
but im my opion he also added constructive comments which some i totally agreed with.
he also kept the forum bouyant when at times like we are now lacking people posting (including me ]

rip nigel

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2024, 02:54:52 pm »
Such sad news, my condolences to Nigel's wife and family.

Personally I will miss Nigel, I enjoyed his banter and humor the forum.

RIP NIGEL

Mick Kent

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2024, 01:02:42 pm »
No way. He was such a positive guy.
Will be in my thoughts today. :'(

AuRavelling79

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2024, 07:04:21 pm »
No way. He was such a positive guy.
Will be in my thoughts today. :'(

Hi Mick, (and anyone else)
There is another 'Nigel' thread where his wife has posted in which sort of supercedes this one but I will leave this one open too for the time being.
It's a game of three halves!