Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

EandM

Gutter Vac - Restricted Performance
« on: September 25, 2023, 06:33:50 pm »
 I rolled up for a large gutter cleaning job today with my 3600W Ionics SkyVac.

It's behaved perfectly for the last few years but decided not to today.

I'd taken the filter out yesterday and cleaned it to ensure there was no loss in suction.

Powered it up today and it was running and sounding absolutely normal but with only 10% suction available.

I removed the filter and it ran completely normally. Put the filter back in and back to 10% suction.

The filter itself looks absolutely fine. It's clean and in good condition.  It's sealing properly too.

I can order up another filter ok but can't see what the issue is with it.

Anyone had anything like this before?

zesty

Re: Gutter Vac - Restricted Performance
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2023, 07:12:20 pm »
Is the filter still a bit wet?

For the most part I hate those stupid filters, they stop a lot of the suction power, I’ve binned mine.

Rayleigh Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2023, 08:29:22 am »
Took filter out on day one, no problems in 10 years of using it.
This is an Eastern Trading vac, not sure they are around anymore, been an absolute beast on jobs, bit bulky but strong and can be knocked about a fair bit.
Have just replaced as I don't want to be left in lurch if it starts to fail, it will stay in garage as my spare if needed.

EandM

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2023, 12:25:11 pm »
Is the filter still a bit wet?

For the most part I hate those stupid filters, they stop a lot of the suction power, I’ve binned mine.

It's a good shout, thanks.

It was damp which I couldn't see being a problem as it lives in the muck and bullets anyway - unless of course, it doesn't like moist air?
I can't see why but I'm frankly baffled. It's not rocket science but it seems to be defying reason.

I wonder if it's supposed to be dry and oiled on the outside like a K&N Filter?

EandM

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2023, 12:27:24 pm »
Took filter out on day one, no problems in 10 years of using it.
This is an Eastern Trading vac, not sure they are around anymore, been an absolute beast on jobs, bit bulky but strong and can be knocked about a fair bit.
Have just replaced as I don't want to be left in lurch if it starts to fail, it will stay in garage as my spare if needed.

I was tempted to just leave it out but didn't know what that would do to the motors?
It's encouraging that yours has lasted so long.