Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jo5hm4n

New Customer Strategy?
« on: March 04, 2023, 06:05:14 pm »
So one of my cleaners went to do a 2nd clean on one of our customers, but he cleaned the next door neighbours house by mistake and left a slip informing payment will be taken by GoCardless etc.

Customer emailed me kicking off saying what kind of scam are we running we dont know who the hell you are etc.

I sent my cleaner back to explain that it was a mistake and he did the wrong house.  After the customer calmed down (60 seconds) he then said how amazed he was at how clean his windows looked.  He then said well if the neighbours get theirs done we might aswell get ours too, please add us onto the regular round  ;D ;D ;D

New Strategy?

Start cleaning next door neighbours to existing customers>> say its a mistake should of been next door>> customer realises how clean windows look then  also wants to follow neighbours>> new customer signed up lol

8) 8) 8)

SB Cleaning

Re: New Customer Strategy?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2023, 12:04:36 am »
I cleaned the wrong house on a load of canvassed work years ago, I never got the customer or paid for the job....it was a right minger too ;D

NBwcs

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2023, 12:16:36 am »
I cleaned the wrong house on a load of canvassed work years ago, I never got the customer or paid for the job....it was a right minger too ;D

Me too, new estate with plot numbers and there was abit of mix up, so ended up doing wrong house,never got paid, or asked to continue cleaning it.

Pete Thompson

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2023, 01:04:50 am »
I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve done the wrong house. 9/10 I DO get them as a customer though.

Mostly they see me and compared to their current scruffy  joe cleaner, I look like a prince.

Added to that not wanting cash and being able to string a sentence together, and it’s a done deal.

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2023, 09:38:24 am »
I think this has happened about 6 items over the years - mostly its a no but I have had 2 that went onto take up a regular service

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

tonyoliver

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2023, 10:43:22 am »
We did the wrong school once the primary was the real job the secondary next door was the one we cleaned  lesson learnt

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2023, 03:40:05 pm »
We did the wrong school once the primary was the real job the secondary next door was the one we cleaned  lesson learnt

Ouch!
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2023, 04:36:35 pm »
I’ve lost count of the number of times I’ve done the wrong house. 9/10 I DO get them as a customer though.

Mostly they see me and compared to their current scruffy  joe cleaner, I look like a prince.

Added to that not wanting cash and being able to string a sentence together, and it’s a done deal.

It's the raspberry beret, really isn't it?
It's a game of three halves!

tlwcs

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2023, 04:38:51 pm »

It's the raspberry beret, really isn't it?
And not much else!

windowswashed

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2023, 07:21:01 pm »
Rule No.1 on a new clean ........ double check and tripple check it's the right address! Made that mistake a couple times and kicked myself, never to be repeated.

simon w

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2023, 08:08:38 pm »

Prince Andrew or Prince Ginger Nuts ??

Pete Thompson

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2023, 09:46:17 pm »
Prince Andrew or Prince Ginger Nuts ??
Neither of those idiots.

Prince Charming of course, after all, Ridicule is nothing to be scared of.

JandS

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2023, 07:19:40 pm »
I know a carpet cleaner who turns up for jobs and knocks on next door neighbours "by mistake" when they answer the door he says  "carpet cleaner here" to which they reply "you must have the wrong address"......he then does a double take checks his diary and informs them that "it's your next door neighbour sorry"..............he gets to give quite a few quotes while he's there using this tactic and usually gets a few jobs especially as the house he's doing usually recommends him when he's done.........he's very professional, smart and does a good job.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Johnny B

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2023, 02:45:04 pm »
I almost did the wrong house a few weeks ago. I had a first clean to do, and I make a point of knocking the door first. No answer, and as it was school run time I assumed that she would be back soon, so decided to make a start. As I started the first window, the front door opens and a chap demands to know what I am doing. I ask him is this number 26. No it was next door! I tried to apologise but this chap didn't want to listen, and was not nice, not nice at all, and I left in as dignified a manner as I could muster!

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Stoots

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2023, 03:09:21 pm »
I dont need to do the wrong house to not get paid, probably done way over 100 for free over the years.

Smudger

Re: New Customer Strategy? New
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2023, 04:11:21 pm »
do you mean wrong houses or just customers who refuse to pay?

Darran

Spruce

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2023, 03:57:27 pm »
I almost did the wrong house a few weeks ago. I had a first clean to do, and I make a point of knocking the door first. No answer, and as it was school run time I assumed that she would be back soon, so decided to make a start. As I started the first window, the front door opens and a chap demands to know what I am doing. I ask him is this number 26. No it was next door! I tried to apologise but this chap didn't want to listen, and was not nice, not nice at all, and I left in as dignified a manner as I could muster!

John

Unfortunately, customer's also get wise to the tricks some pull.

Our neighbour at the back had a guy rock up and start pressure washing a square metre by metre block on her concrete driveway, then knock to quote for doing the rest. She said no, but is left with this unsightly clean block on the rest of the weathered driveway. He did this block halfway between the front gate and front door, so her attention is drawn to it every time she uses her driveway. He wasn't too happy for not getting the job.

I used my initiative once in the early days when I needed extra work, and cleaned a small section of guttering and fascia on a customer's house once to show how good we could make her whites look. She didn't bite, and I decided not to do it again.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

CleanClear

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2023, 04:23:48 pm »
Had the Amazon delivery driver try that on with me a few times... Knock,knock....."hiya mate i've got a parcel for next door" . I just say you've got the wrong house then and close the door.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------