Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cgh window cleaning

Protecting images of your work?
« on: April 17, 2023, 10:40:07 am »
So today some one has notified me of another company using photos of my work on there website and social media.
They’re not based near me but it’s a bit of a liberty.
I alway try and put the van in as it’s sign written or someone in uniform when posting on social media but this company have photo shopped their logo all over mine.
My work is all commercial so the buildings can be unique or different to your run of the mill domestic work.

How do any of you go about protecting images of your work and business in situations like this?

Would this bother you?

Smudger

Re: Protecting images of your work?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2023, 01:02:32 pm »
Not sure of the technical side but your image will have tags (or some such thing) to prove its yours

initially you just contact the people using the image asking to remove it off their site and go from there.

a guy on here stole some of my pressure washing images - after an email his web host removed them - silly really as if he had asked I would have let him use the image..

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2023, 01:18:20 pm »
Not sure of the technical side but your image will have tags (or some such thing) to prove its yours

initially you just contact the people using the image asking to remove it off their site and go from there.

a guy on here stole some of my pressure washing images - after an email his web host removed them - silly really as if he had asked I would have let him use the image..

Darran

I’ve asked for it to be removed so see what happens.This is not the first time it’s happened so would be good to know if there’s any way to stop it in the future.

I can definitely prove it’s my image they have even left me in the picture😂.and just photo shopped their logo to my van and t shirt.

Like you say had they asked I may have given them something to use.It could just be down to the web designer and nothing on their part.,but the fact a random stranger emailed me pointing this out could be concerning.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2023, 01:26:25 pm »
Only other way is to watermark each image

personally I don't worry about it now

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

S.A.J

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2023, 03:12:11 pm »
Only way to stop it is to water mark the photos!

I was told (years ago so this might have changed or was wrong info at the time) if you put photos on social media then people can use them as it’s on a public platform! But if taken from your website then it’s a copyright right issue as you “own “ the website.

Due to photo theft and other issues with social media I very very rarely post or upload anything now 😢

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2023, 03:28:07 pm »
So today some one has notified me of another company using photos of my work on there website and social media.
They’re not based near me but it’s a bit of a liberty.
I alway try and put the van in as it’s sign written or someone in uniform when posting on social media but this company have photo shopped their logo all over mine.
My work is all commercial so the buildings can be unique or different to your run of the mill domestic work.

How do any of you go about protecting images of your work and business in situations like this?

Would this bother you?

It wouldn't bother me in the slightest as the company is nowhere near you and don't work your areas....I'd ignore it and just carry on concentrating on your business.
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2023, 06:38:35 pm »
Ive nicked loads of images so no i wouldnt worry if someone took mine.

I suppose if someone in my area was directly competing with me using my images it would be a different matter.

Slacky

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2023, 07:20:32 pm »
You wouldn’t care if someone stole your images so it’s ok for you to steal others work images?

Regards the OP, use DMCA. I use them and have successfully had other websites shut down til images of my work are removed.  I’ve also directly messaged companies asking for them to remove them. They usually do, willingly - blaming their website designer, but if they don’t Google is a great reference tool to prove they’re yours as it has records of when a page/image is first uploaded online.

You can also find out what company is hosting any website and email them, requesting removal. The usual email address for this is abuse@hostingcompanyname

Rob.Hall

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2023, 08:50:14 pm »
The other way to get around it is to inform them they have not got the owners/company's permission.
This is a basic requirement!

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2023, 08:57:04 pm »
Good post Slacky

Darran

CleanClear

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2023, 04:27:36 pm »

Due to photo theft and other issues with social media I very very rarely post or upload anything now 😢

Funny that because years ago i had some of your photos on my own website. If you remember, years ago on here you uploaded loads of pics and told anyone they could use them if they wanted to which i thought was kind of you. Not sure if you remember that ?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

richard connett

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2023, 07:27:37 am »
It wouldn’t worry me. You must be doing something right . It’s just pictures of window cleaning

the king

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2023, 09:26:30 pm »
 Copyright tell them to remove it or you will take legal action

Ggh

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2023, 04:48:44 pm »
Send them an invoice for artwork.
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day