Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Re: £1 OR 2 ?
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2023, 08:54:11 am »
spoke too soon, 1 just cancelled. was a pita anyway had to do front then drive round back

I wouldn't of took the job on in the first place or just offered fronts only if it was right next to other work....🙂

Well the back was on a street I clean another house so it was one of those ones where If she accepted the increase its worth it if not its not. To be honest I've worse jobs on thr round than that.

Stoots

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2023, 08:57:13 am »
Ive added £1 / £2  as yourself.       Bit by bit   .   most are great about it,    even asking me if im putting prices up.
Bring in around £2/£300 +  extra a month
Happy days

These customers are the ones who appreciate what you do

It's funny how that works isn't it. When I e done increases before it always tends to be the slow payers or skippers who cancel first. Like you say most decent people will understand that you are a business and the current state of inflation. I guess the ones who won't understand are those on the breadline already.

But what's £1 a month or £12 a year vs 2k a year energy bills. They are scrimping in the wrong place.

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2023, 06:39:29 pm »
How's your prices rises going chaps?

Not lost one yet but I'm fully expecting to in the next few weeks...most jobs going up a quid or 2,some a fiver....👍
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2023, 06:47:28 pm »
Careful Daz putting prices up at the moment is a bit like playing Buckeroo.

Stoots

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2023, 07:03:47 pm »
I put about 200 up last month, lost 5 or 6 i think

I then bottled putting the rest up as just took on an employee and cant afford to lose any more just yet

Smudger

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2023, 07:43:22 pm »
gone through half now

rises are between 12 and 20%  depending on frequency and how far behind some had got compared to newly priced stuff..

so far its 3 cancelations (out of approx 550)

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

KS Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2023, 08:11:39 pm »
Started putting prices up just over a week ago, early days but no cancellations as yet. Not too worried if I do get some cancellations as I’ve picked up quite a lot of work lately.

NBwcs

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2023, 08:44:07 pm »
Started telling mine middle of last week, lost just one so far, a £1 rise, outwardly possibly one of my better off custys,  ::)roll, seems to be a familar story round here, the richest are the tightest.

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2023, 09:09:56 pm »
Your a fool if you don't put up your prices with the ridiculous rate of inflation at the moment.....

You ve been in this game long enough to know you HAVE to put them up occasionally unless you enjoy working for less money year on year....👍

KS Cleaning

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2023, 10:51:14 pm »
But I thought all your customers were loaded? Surely they can afford to pay a little extra to their window cleaner? Or are they struggling to heat their indoor swimming pools because of the high energy prices?
Business expenses have increased greatly over the last few years, not to mention high inflation and CPI. Madness if you don’t increase prices to reflect this.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2023, 11:20:36 pm »
Going great. No cancellations. Three new enquiries last week. I have no website or any canvassing going on. Just one parish magazine and which I may drop. Several gutter enquiries which I pass on to Dan the Man.

If you've not done it yet do it immediately. State pension up 10% next month.
It's a game of three halves!

robbo333

« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2023, 11:44:29 am »
I'm about a third of the way through putting up my prices; not going mad, mostly £2.
All been good so far, in fact some customers have been expecting it and are quite understanding.
I'm hardly picking up any new work, but I haven't done any advertising for 2 years, but having said that my list of 'extra' jobs is increasing. I have about 10 jobs in the diary ready for when the weather gets better (when the clocks change), everything from simple fsg jobs to full exterior bungalow cleans including pressure washing.
My continued plan for this year is to cut down to 4 days per week (booked in) and focus on getting more bungalows and easy, small houses to replace my heavy going work. My new leaflets have been delivered and I'm looking forward to getting some exercise.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

dazmond

« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2023, 04:00:19 pm »
Lost my first one today...£15 job going up to £17.....

They told me they were struggling financially a few years ago so I put them on 8 weekly from 4 weekly and didn't raise the price...but they need a raise and its a fairly big house with conny....

Oh well a bit of room for a better job..onward and upward!😄

dazmond

« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2023, 04:02:50 pm »
It never ceases to amaze me how some customers(now ex customers)never  tolerate a price rise...

Some would have you cleaning them forever at the same price.... ::)roll

SB Cleaning

« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2023, 04:05:43 pm »
Lost my first one today...£15 job going up to £17.....

They told me they were struggling financially a few years ago so I put them on 8 weekly from 4 weekly and didn't raise the price...but they need a raise and its a fairly big house with conny....

Oh well a bit of room for a better job..onward and upward!😄
Oh well a £25 job will be along shortly or maybe even 2 to replace it  :D

NWH

« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2023, 04:31:20 pm »
But I thought all your customers were loaded? Surely they can afford to pay a little extra to their window cleaner? Or are they struggling to heat their indoor swimming pools because of the high energy prices?
Business expenses have increased greatly over the last few years, not to mention high inflation and CPI. Madness if you don’t increase prices to reflect this.

Yeah m8 I’ve had a job come in that’s meant I don’t need to put any prices up if I decide not to,I’ve had a couple of customers that have turned pools off and one is going to fill in their indoor one lol.
I’ve not lost any couple of big ones have come back on the usual schedule again,I think a fair few people panicked a few months ago but they’ve now realised that you don’t really need to when you’ve got enough money for 10 five  star lives.