Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Smudger

Re: Complaining for being too fast?
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2023, 07:13:33 pm »
Your right on the money Jo5hman.

You will find most complaints are not really complaints - the most reparative was "the windows are dirty" only to find it was the insides.

In my experience you get far less complaints/ no complaints when you are "the boss" for want of a better word - I would get maybe 1 possibly 2 in a year (of the above variety) customers always approached it like this - oh, I think you may have missed my kitchen window, or could you give it a bit of an extra clean - so they don't really come across as a complaint..

Now when I put staff on - it went upt o 4 or five a month - these mainly consisted of - your worker is not doing to your standard - or I only want the boss to clean my house  - it took a long while and transitional period with established customers for this to pass - and pass it did (the guys were doing a top job) as I took on more and more customers they were already from day 1 being cleaned by staff - of the last 400 customers  they only know me as the guy giving them a price! - complaints are maybe running at 1 every other month and thats usually a missed window - not a bad clean

In short customers will more likely to have a pop when its staff rather than "the guy running his little business"

as for speed - ive had guys take nearly an hour to do a standard £14 semi and still do a bad job - speed is not the issue its the quality that counts and we all work/capable of different levels of both.

Nigel - just remind me - you used to post that when running late you wouldn't clean the frames and of frosted windows barely touch them...  is that what you mean by quality ?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2023, 08:36:57 pm »
Let me explain in more detail.

From a round of 300 customers per van per month we find that during the height of summer we get about 2 complaints per month.  Sometimes these complaints are not always valid either.  Probably closer to 1 valid complaint per month.

This is less than 1% of customers done that complain.  99% of customers do not complain.

For me personally this is what i class as an acceptable level of complaints.  To send staff out day in day out bringing back a good turnover i can live with this amount of complaints.

For those of you on here who are employing and getting 0 complaints congratulations.  That is seriously admirable.

In my experience and from those i have spoken to who also employ most employers expect to get some level of complaints.

Most of the time its more to do with the customer than it is to do with the window cleaner or the job done in question.

Some customers standards are just too high and unrealistic.

I prefer to tailor our service to the 90%+ of customers who are happy with a good job, then tailor to the 1-10% of customers who expect a perfect 100% highest standard possible job.

You wont find a single negative review on our website or social media.

When a customer does complain we offer a Free inspection & reclean, or if we are finished in their area for the month, we offer them a free clean next time.  Nearly all of our customers are happy with this and most issues are resolved, unless the customer has a standard or expectation that we realistically cant meet or they have problematic windows/seals not well suited to wfp.  In which case they get dropped anyway.

Ah ok this puts it into perspective the original post was misleading, but if your guy is doing £500 a day I would be giving him a bonus and as much work as he wanted  ,if no complaints at the end of the month extra bonus that’s what I do with my guys honestly it’s very rare we ever get a complaint and we are doing over  4,500 jobs per month , sometimes there is a genuine complaint but usually it’s the window is dirty inside and they  think it’s outside  😂😂

james peters

« Reply #62 on: February 20, 2023, 07:52:01 am »
Mind set of customers.

when my daughter works with me... never a complaint, in fact comments on how thorough she is
when my son started last year, I had a comment that hes too quick.

customers notice change, and will scrutinise

NWH

« Reply #63 on: February 20, 2023, 11:11:33 am »
Customers notice change if it’s crap and
99 times out of 100 they are right.