Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

KS Cleaning

Re: Pensions/savings/investments
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2022, 08:16:57 am »
If I could give you any advice would be, if you have a mortgage over pay it paid off as early as you can. I am over paying mine and I have honestly halved the term of my mortgage. Also another good reason to do this is because I believe that interest rates will keep on rising for the new few years to try and curb inflation.

Hope this little bit of advice is of some help.

Dazzler
I agree with this, it’s exactly what I did when my mortgage interest rate went down to 0.75% after the initial 5 year fixed term had lapsed. Just be careful not to pay the mortgage off entirely if you are thinking of releasing funds.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2022, 09:30:14 am »
This forum does  make me laugh  window cleaners that all of a sudden are financial advisers talking about large sums of money increasing xxx amount in xx number of years , why are you cleaning windows if you are all so smart ?? Why aren't you all investing your £500+ days money into theses schemes??  😂😂😂
There are  some right Alan Sugars on here mate ;D ;D

deeege

« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2022, 12:12:48 pm »
This forum does  make me laugh  window cleaners that all of a sudden are financial advisers talking about large sums of money increasing xxx amount in xx number of years , why are you cleaning windows if you are all so smart ?? Why aren't you all investing your £500+ days money into theses schemes??  😂😂😂

“Schemes”  ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2022, 12:36:38 pm »
I don’t know many people that want to fly half way round the world and need a lot of money when they are 65-70,I think Daz has the right attitude tbh.

I want to have a few hundred grand in the bank by the time I retire though mate....I'll need money for knee ops/dental treatment or other such health matters that might crop up....I won't be able to rely on the NHS that's for sure....

And of course I'll still want to go abroad on holiday from time to time and go out to nice restaurants!
price higher/work harder!

G Griffin

« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2022, 12:54:21 pm »
I don’t know many people that want to fly half way round the world and need a lot of money when they are 65-70,I think Daz has the right attitude tbh.

I want to have a few hundred grand in the bank by the time I retire though mate....I'll need money for knee ops/dental treatment or other such health matters that might crop up....I won't be able to rely on the NHS that's for sure....

And of course I'll still want to go abroad on holiday from time to time and go out to nice restaurants!
You know what sort of medical treatment you'll need?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AuRavelling79

« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2022, 01:32:41 pm »

Perhaps we can infer that the chances of needing it will increase as he gets older?
It's a game of three halves!

DJW

« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2022, 01:38:53 pm »
Brain surgery is at a premium.

dazmond

« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2022, 01:45:19 pm »

Of course not but I'll need some treatment no doubt.....I know loads of customers who ve had knee ops,etc when they get into their 70s...I'd be waiting forever on the NHS... ;D

dd

« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2022, 01:47:03 pm »
I am not so sure. There are at least one or two on the Forum that may have had a labotomy.

dazmond

« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2022, 01:51:17 pm »
I am not so sure. There are at least one or two on the Forum that may have had a labotomy.

You cant even spell LOBOTOMY!🤣🤣🤣

G Griffin

« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2022, 01:56:53 pm »

Of course not but I'll need some treatment no doubt.....I know loads of customers who ve had knee ops,etc when they get into their 70s...I'd be waiting forever on the NHS... ;D
Oh right. You will probably need knee ops if your customers have had them.
Any customer had cancer, strokes, heart attacks, gone into care homes?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2022, 01:57:12 pm »

You cant even spell LOBOTOMY!🤣🤣🤣
Can't.
Or are you swearing in a cockney accent?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

G Griffin

« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2022, 02:00:27 pm »

Perhaps we can infer that the chances of needing it will increase as he gets older?
Yes but I was talking about what sort of treatment.
Was the inference that necessary?
I thought it was obvious that he was getting older.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Mist A Bit

« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2022, 09:05:05 pm »
Am I missing something? The guys got no money  and people are mentioning buy to let  and investments….. he hasn’t got a pot to pizz into you might as well tell him to put his money into antique Rolex watches or Fabergé Eggs 

You can invest in fractional shares and start with £100 ok your not going to get a massive return  but it starts the ball rolling

How much money do you actually have?  £50 , £5k or £50k? Without know that any advice is guesswork

Smudger

« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2022, 11:49:52 pm »
Is this really what it comes down to now - you cant spell this, your grimmer isn't correct etc...

How about debate the point instead of this silly grammar correcting "I'm better than you" rubbish.

certainly when using the phone the auto correct feature has changed words and inserted stuff that makes my posts even worse than normal, just answer the point without trying to be a smart ar$£

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #95 on: July 17, 2022, 08:45:14 am »
Is this really what it comes down to now - you cant spell this, your grimmer isn't correct etc...

How about debate the point instead of this silly grammar correcting "I'm better than you" rubbish.

certainly when using the phone the auto correct feature has changed words and inserted stuff that makes my posts even worse than normal, just answer the point without trying to be a smart ar$£

Darran

Ewe knead two ewes a spell cheque. If ewe ewes won yore right ting will bee spelled prop early with know wrong leigh writ ten words.

;D
It's a game of three halves!

DJW

« Reply #96 on: July 17, 2022, 10:53:22 am »
Wale sed 👍

johnny bravo

« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2022, 03:42:33 pm »
im 59  in nov.    every year the pension age goes up.      i know lads who have passed away  age around 62.     i have savings but not all in bank.    too much in the bank may be a hinderence at a later day if you fall ill .    have to go in a home etc.     i own my house.      i hear all the time off customers who have to go into a home or even there partner  and your bank accounts are Frozen   to pay for the care receiving.     
lots will get to retirement age and receive state pension and bus pass.       but at what age.      lots will pass away due to health reasons/
always keep a secret nest egg out of your named account. 

johnny bravo

« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2022, 03:45:58 pm »
ive always thought about property investment.  but cant do it on my own atm.  2/4 lads joint owners  makes the risk smaller .