Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

harleyman

Lying window cleaner
« on: March 11, 2022, 06:11:23 pm »
Just been informed by a customer that they have been approached  by another window cleaner  that I've  packed in god knows how many houses he's been to I suspect they will be a few upset window cleaners about  don't think he as thought is scam through what a dick

NWH

Re: Lying window cleaner
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 06:19:21 pm »
What area is this I know the guy that did just that near to me.

NWH

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2022, 06:35:45 pm »
They were very close to getting good hidings from a couple I know near to me lol,blatantly knocking on doors saying you’re window cleaner had packed up and has asked me to carry on.
I can’t understand how they think they’ll get away with it tbh,the guys I know weren’t behind with the said work and they seemed to know when to call that was the strange thing,they were traditional.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2022, 06:45:42 pm »
I've had this a few times over the years......I only found out by customers ringing me...I've never lost a single customer to these type of clowns....don't worry about it! :)
price higher/work harder!

NBwcs

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2022, 06:49:32 pm »
Happened round here a few years ago. Local trad wc fell and was off work for several months. Another toe rag got wind of this and went door knocking saying he'd been asked to take over the round. Incredibly he  was quite successful and pinched alot of his work.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2022, 07:44:08 pm »
I put part of the blame on the customer.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2022, 09:36:22 pm »
Happened round here a few years ago. Local trad wc fell and was off work for several months. Another toe rag got wind of this and went door knocking saying he'd been asked to take over the round. Incredibly he  was quite successful and pinched alot of his work.

The story was plausible at the time it was told.
It's a game of three halves!

NBwcs

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2022, 11:06:57 am »
Indeed, your rounds only as good as your customer base. Short term gain doesn't always equate to long term success. The windy who had the fall didn't help himself, I dont think he made any Contact with his customers to explain his situation, possibly thinking they might jump ship if he does. When he finally resumed work, he reckons he'd lost nearly 75% of his round, not all to the scrote who poached I shouldn't think, nevertheless, a very underhand way of going about things. I can remember back in the early ladder days when other established wc's have rallied round and covered somebody's round for them when they've had a fall. You don't seem to get that comeradery these days.

Klean07

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2022, 12:24:23 pm »
Some clown did this kind of thing to me a few years back. They must have been watching me because a couple of weeks after cleaning a certain street I got a few phone calls from my customers asking why I hadn't told them that I had packed up! Cheeky sod!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

JandS

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2022, 07:44:23 pm »
About 20 years ago I fell off and landed on my feet but the impact dislocated my shoulder.....10 weeks off in a scorching May/June.......I walked round to every house and told them the score.....didn't lose one.

Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.