Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

advanced

Extensions with pitched roof
« on: April 30, 2021, 08:52:19 pm »
Hope some one can help .
A lot of my customers are having. Fancy kitchen diner extensions with   bifold doors  roof lanterns ect .
This is all great as we can charge more and if it’s a flat roof fine but many are  pitched  roofs making it difficult to get onto roof  onto the flat section .
Any one know of a way round this  .
Thanks

Splash & dash

Re: Extensions with pitched roof
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2021, 09:09:13 pm »
Helicopter 😂😂

Matt.

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2021, 10:46:27 pm »
A lighter and longer pole with a carbon goose neck for an angle to do and windows on the pitched roof and just a plastic resi neck with qr connector so u can easy change angle of brush head for windows above the pitched roof

KS Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 12:19:11 am »
I don’t climb on roofs anymore, if I can’t reach a window from ground level I recommend another window cleaner......rather them than me!

Rob.Hall

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 08:22:05 am »
3 way ladder.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 10:30:06 am »
I stand at each end extend the pole and do them from the side when I’ve done as much as I can do from one end I’ll finish off from the other end,most roofs are not designed like that these days they leave room although you still get bad builders that don’t allow for the cleaning of glass like this.
The best ones these days are the ones on a Zinc roof with glass with no seams at all just welded glass,no cheap plastic to clean.

advanced

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2021, 06:22:14 pm »
Thanks for reply guys will take note

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2021, 06:25:03 pm »
I recently dropped all of my work that i cant reach with a 25ft pole, no more velux windows for me or reaching off step ladders.

Relief

advanced

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2021, 08:12:11 pm »
I do like to do as many windows as possible  ,I’m very sad I know .

mjm

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2021, 11:11:39 pm »
Try spraying. Tfr.   Or. Virasol .   On the brush.    Extend the pole to the window seat water on glass. Then rub leave for 1 to 3 min  then scrub rinse that's how I do glass roofs that I can't reach or velux windows on roofs
Iam now spraying a softwash mix  in the same way and it's working very well