Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rycalshaw

frozen hose reel
« on: February 01, 2021, 10:22:51 am »
Hi guys, i had the hose reel mounted on the van recently but i,m having issues with it freezing up, i have wrapped it in one of those thick lagging jackets but doesn,t seem to be doing the trick, any ideas other than unbolting and taking inside?..thanks

NWH

Re: frozen hose reel
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 10:49:27 am »
Make sure it all emptied out at the end of the day have you done that,also plug in again after you’ve done it the first time leave it about 10–20 seconds lift up the end of the hose in the air it’ll empty the rest.

RPCCS

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2021, 11:54:16 am »
Put Isopropanol in the tank, it’s stops water freezing but doesn’t interfere with purity of water. Or get a small,oil filled radiator or fan heater  and leave switched on low setting all night. I’m in same position today, everything in van frozen . I didnt put heater on overnight as didn’t think it would be frosty, but today is now total write off as still trying to defrost.pipes and pump.Will have to put higher dose of IPA in tank I think..
Cheers Rich

britishwill

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2021, 12:04:47 pm »
I leave a small rad in the van when I know it’s going to be freezing. Thankfully it’s only a few times a year

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2021, 01:39:57 pm »
Hi guys, i had the hose reel mounted on the van recently but i,m having issues with it freezing up, i have wrapped it in one of those thick lagging jackets but doesn,t seem to be doing the trick, any ideas other than unbolting and taking inside?..thanks

get a hot water system....even a cheap immersion would we better than cold water cleaning at this time of year!
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2021, 04:27:12 pm »
If you can run a lead out then a heater is the easiest option.

If not then turn the tank outlet off, open the pole univalve or tap and run the system completely dry that should do it.