Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul-kent

hose reel elbows that don't leak
« on: February 02, 2021, 05:21:07 pm »
I currently have the brass hose lock elbow that always leaks when getting the reel in and out

Has any one else used the streamline one? I don't want to spend £35 unless it stops the leaking
https://www.streamline.systems/product/inlet-brass-swivel-hosetail-with-inch-female-thread/

Thanks Paul

Bungle

Re: hose reel elbows that don't leak
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2021, 07:19:40 pm »
The link you posted doesn't look like the same elbow in your picture. I bought some off eBay. They will start to leak after a certain amount of time though.
We look at them, they look through them.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2021, 07:34:27 pm »
I currently have the brass hose lock elbow that always leaks when getting the reel in and out

Has any one else used the streamline one? I don't want to spend £35 unless it stops the leaking
https://www.streamline.systems/product/inlet-brass-swivel-hosetail-with-inch-female-thread/

Thanks Paul

Get rid of the hose lock in that pic and put hose in hot water then push over brass fitting tighten with jubilee clip, no more leaks.

Paul-kent

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2021, 08:16:04 pm »
The brass elbow leaks at the swivel joint that's why I want to replace it with a new elbow that don't leak, I did know if a high pressure elbow joint would be better.

NWH

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 11:58:38 pm »
You want high pressure fittings the the only thing the brass elbow in the picture has to stop it leaking is a ridiculous paper-card type washer they last 5 minutes with hot water 10 with cold,you want high pressure fittings that use rubber O rings they leak after a long period but it’s fixed by replacing the O rings.

herbiefatboy

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2021, 02:28:18 pm »
NWH have you got a link to the high pressure conecter cheers

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 03:02:23 pm »
I'll help you out it's not really nigels department

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Connector-90-Degree-High-Pressure-connection/dp/B07BX6KQNQ

Also ring Hugh crane they will have these on the shelf

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2021, 03:29:54 pm »
No but I’d help someone out by saving them 1000s of £ by not wasting it on some franchise investment 🤣🤣 10 minute chat with me they’d go off with all the tools they’d need to start a window cleaning business without spending a bean.

Bungle

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2021, 04:44:54 pm »
I'll help you out it's not really nigels department

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Connector-90-Degree-High-Pressure-connection/dp/B07BX6KQNQ

Also ring Hugh crane they will have these on the shelf

Darran

£30 plus £15 delivery. How fookin big is it  ;D
We look at them, they look through them.

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2021, 05:20:17 pm »
No but I’d help someone out by saving them 1000s of £ by not wasting it on some franchise investment 🤣🤣 10 minute chat with me they’d go off with all the tools they’d need to start a window cleaning business without spending a bean.

Like a dog with a bone  ;D

NWH

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2021, 06:13:26 pm »
Lol 😘 don’t be a sucker some people’s eyes light up when they see one. 😉