Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

movinonup

Tower tank
« on: January 01, 2021, 08:04:24 pm »
Hi all ,

Anyone use a Tower tank and if so what the pro's and con's ?

Looking at 410 over a 400 ltr upright ,

Smudger

Re: Tower tank
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 09:11:00 pm »
Small footprint but high center of gravity I don't see any problems if secured in properly against a bulkhead
I wouldn't rely on straps to keep this upright

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

KS Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 11:05:12 pm »
Hi all ,

I wouldn’t recommend stacking on top of a 400 litre upright. If it was a squarish tank, possibly, but not on a 400 litre upright.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2021, 12:30:04 pm »
Hi all ,

I wouldn’t recommend stacking on top of a 400 litre upright. If it was a squarish tank, possibly, but not on a 400 litre upright.

I think he meant using a 410 rather than a 400 NOT stacking one on the other - but I might be wrong
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

movinonup

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2021, 01:25:34 pm »
Sorry guys
 i could of worded that better .
Yes i looking at using a  410 ltr capacity tower tank ,    instead of a 400 ltr upright ,( not stacking them) ..
and was wondering if anyone had experience of a tower tank ..  is there  any  benefit to them or not ..

KS Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2021, 01:31:20 pm »
Hi all ,

I think he meant using a 410 rather than a 400 NOT stacking one on the other - but I might be wrong
Ah right🤯🙈

KS Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2021, 01:32:00 pm »
Sorry guys
 i could of worded that better .
Yes i looking at using a  410 ltr capacity tower tank ,    instead of a 400 ltr upright ,( not stacking them) ..
and was wondering if anyone had experience of a tower tank ..  is there  any  benefit to them or not ..
I read it wrong😖

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2021, 10:27:53 pm »
Easy done...

Darran

H2GoKent

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2021, 09:13:03 am »
I've used an upright tank and, as said it has a smaller footprint and is fine if securely fixed, but I prefer a flatter tank as I put marine grade ply on top and use the area on top of the tank to store my stuff. I found the smaller footprint didn't help me as I don't like my stuff getting wet and the floor of my van always has some mositure on it, so I prefer flat tanks to get the most use out of the space I have.
I have Ford transit custom, but I'm a qualified pest controller so I need the space for traps, seagull spikes etc.
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence

movinonup

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2021, 01:18:30 pm »
Sparklebright
Thanks for the reply , i only have a combo ,was thinking tower give me space down the sides , where a flat take up more floor space ..i got the van cheap so if get 18 mths out of it , that do till i get a upgrade

NWH

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2021, 01:41:31 pm »
Flat ranks are better all round anyway lower center of gravity etc the ride is better,covering the top in ply or similar allows much more room for other bits and pieces.

movinonup

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2021, 08:40:48 pm »
NWH
Flat ranks are better all round anyway lower center of gravity etc the ride is better,covering the top in ply or similar allows much more room for other bits and pieces.
Are they  ya ? i lead to believe your left with water at the bottom of tank  with a flat tank  , and they slosh about more .. is that not correct no ?
i havent a clue

H2GoKent

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2021, 07:23:28 am »
NWH
Are they  ya ? i lead to believe your left with water at the bottom of tank  with a flat tank  , and they slosh about more .. is that not correct no ?
i havent a clue
The outlet is on the very bottom and of course if you're parked facing the wrong way a bit of water won't be available until you turn the van around, but that'd be true on either type of tank there will be a difference between the 2 due to the different footprint, but not a massive difference so I don't think that should be a deciding factor for you.
If you've got a little combo the size of tank you'll be having won't have loads sitting around in it for long.
I would always future proof your equipment, as taking it all out is just dead time where you're not earning, and that's what this is for, it's not a hobby.  :)
A manager is generally someone who has been promoted to the position by someone else who didn't see them as a threat.
Hence all people are promoted to the level of their incompetence