Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul-kent

Re: Changing business name
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2020, 07:29:50 pm »
I changed the end of my trading name from window cleaning to just cleaning and it increased my annual turnover

all I did was change my trading name on the self assessment and write a letter to Barclays to get the T/A name changed on my business account

James Styles

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2020, 09:14:40 pm »
Changing your business name is definitely a no no in my opinion. Your name is your brand that you have taken two years to build etc!
The only companies that I know of that have changed their names are ones I see on Rogue Traders etc.
Exactly alarm bells would ring with me if I saw the same bloke under a different name,seen it loads of times over the years with builders,had a bloke in the past copy my van wrap it fooled  a few people to begin with until they realised his van was half the size of mine 🤣
Well I don’t even have a van yet, I’ve been using my car, it has no signage on it, I’m getting a van in January so I figured if I’m gonna change it best to do it now, plus my round is small & got lots of messers. I’m only changing it slightly as it’s too long so I’m shortening it to be more simple & precise, it will still have my initials on it, so I doubt my customers would even notice or care, I don’t see it as such a big issue lol.

NWH

« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2020, 10:26:41 pm »
Well it probably would have been a good idea to have said that in the first place wouldn’t it.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2020, 10:39:58 pm »
...which is what Viktor was saying about assumptions...

« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2020, 10:40:26 pm »
Well it probably would have been a good idea to have said that in the first place wouldn’t it.
Irrelevant because that wasn't the question being asked.