Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

james peters

virosol, pink stuff , and hypo
« on: August 21, 2020, 08:24:59 pm »
so I had a guttering fascia clean today.   did the usual , virosol in back pack , normaly does the trick, but the dirt on the guttering wouldnt budge , ,,,, tried pink stuff cream on the brush wouldnt budge .
I had not taken my old soft wash pole and brush with me , and only had my slx with univalve .
so i tipped hypo in a bucket of water and just dipped my brush in and wiped over the gutterings, an fascias .
{ I didnt want to put it in back pack as I didnt want the hypo going through the univalve }

the results were almost instant... I was very impressed.
I am just keen to know how many of you use hypo on gutter fascia cleans as opposed to tfr ?

Splash & dash

Re: virosol, pink stuff , and hypo
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2020, 08:40:53 pm »
so I had a guttering fascia clean today.   did the usual , virosol in back pack , normaly does the trick, but the dirt on the guttering wouldnt budge , ,,,, tried pink stuff cream on the brush wouldnt budge .
I had not taken my old soft wash pole and brush with me , and only had my slx with univalve .
so i tipped hypo in a bucket of water and just dipped my brush in and wiped over the gutterings, an fascias .
{ I didnt want to put it in back pack as I didnt want the hypo going through the univalve }

the results were almost instant... I was very impressed.
I am just keen to know how many of you use hypo on gutter fascia cleans as opposed to tfr ?

We generally use Virosol , but on stubborn or faded UPVC we do use a hypo mix but you have to be careful as it can turn white UPVC yellow it will after a couple of hours go white again , the problem as you picture shows is that the hypo runs down the house walls and leaves clean streaks 😂😂😂 you then need to sell the customer a full softwash of the house

Ched

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2020, 08:41:17 pm »
Looks like you could offer an add on to softwash the walls!

james peters

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2020, 08:46:16 pm »
I noticed that splash , it went slightly yellow, then after rinsing it turned back white ....perhaps the mix was too strong.

Stoots

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2020, 09:20:00 pm »
Never used hypo but I carry some bleach in the van for stubborn stuff. If you get the thick bleach you can just put a slug on the brush head like toothpaste, slug of washing up liquid and away you go. Watch your eyes.

Splash & dash

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2020, 10:01:34 pm »
Never used hypo but I carry some bleach in the van for stubborn stuff. If you get the thick bleach you can just put a slug on the brush head like toothpaste, slug of washing up liquid and away you go. Watch your eyes.

Don’t mix bleach and washing up liquid it is carcinogenic 

Slacky

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2020, 10:13:08 pm »
Watch your eyes.

And your clothes, plants, lawn, customers,  washing on the washing line and their pond.

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2020, 07:07:00 am »
Watch your eyes.

And your clothes, plants, lawn, customers,  washing on the washing line and their pond.

You are supposed to be putting on the the Upvc  :D

Yes of course using bleach/hypo is potentially dangerous and you need to be careful not to do any of the above or breathe it in etc.

It's not exactly safe but it does do the job.

zesty

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2020, 09:01:13 am »
Yep, always james, I don’t bother with any degreasers anymore, I always use hypo for gutter cleaning now.

Unless I’m right under the gutter due to space. Then I use ubik2000.

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2020, 06:45:19 pm »
If the dirt won t come off with virosol or CIF cream cleaner it stays on.....sod using bleach.....I hate the stuff.... ;D
price higher/work harder!

the king

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2020, 01:11:00 pm »
x jet hypo  ;D

Clean Cloth

« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2020, 05:47:18 pm »
What a difference in the before and after shot, looks good.
I use a UPVC cleaner but have never tried Hypo.

Is this the Hypo you mean?

Splash & dash

« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2020, 07:26:59 pm »
What a difference in the before and after shot, looks good.
I use a UPVC cleaner but have never tried Hypo.

Is this the Hypo you mean?

No we use dairy hypochlorite but guess that would do the job cannot read the label ti see what strength it is .? We buy 20 ltr  drums of hypo either 10 or 15% strength ( £12 a drum) and then dilute it to the required strength for  the job we are doing

Clean Cloth

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2020, 08:50:36 am »
Thanks, I'll have a Google.
Good price.

simon w

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2020, 12:54:11 pm »
I've used hypo and household bleach on gutters fascia and soffits (not mixed together)  of course it takes the rub rub out of cleaning and dissolves the dirt grim and algae almost on contact. BUT you do need to be very careful if you decide to clean this way as some upvc reacts differently to others. Some is just well fine, but others can quickly go pinky/yellow and doesn't always return to it's white colour it can also take the glossy smooth shine off some upvc leaving the surface where it sat looking a dull matt colour as the plastic has reacted to the bleach.

If you read up on the net about using bleach to clean upvc it's pretty much a no no, so just be careful if you decide to do this.

A quick way to clean aluminium spray painted conservatory finials is with a hypo solution though and the run off helps with the rest of the roof in it's diluted state as it reaches it  8) 

Splash & dash

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2020, 02:09:02 pm »
I've used hypo and household bleach on gutters fascia and soffits (not mixed together)  of course it takes the rub rub out of cleaning and dissolves the dirt grim and algae almost on contact. BUT you do need to be very careful if you decide to clean this way as some upvc reacts differently to others. Some is just well fine, but others can quickly go pinky/yellow and doesn't always return to it's white colour it can also take the glossy smooth shine off some upvc leaving the surface where it sat looking a dull matt colour as the plastic has reacted to the bleach. Just for  the record bleach is an approved product for cleaning UPVC products as many manufacturers recommend it , and there are several cleaning agents based on hypo that are specifically aimed at UPVC cleaning the ionics contact  foam is just one of a large number of products .

If you read up on the net about using bleach to clean upvc it's pretty much a no no, so just be careful if you decide to do this.

A quick way to clean aluminium spray painted conservatory finials is with a hypo solution though and the run off helps with the rest of the roof in it's diluted state as it reaches it  8)

Provided you use the correct mixing ratio you won’t have any problems, and Evan if it turns yellow/ brown from my experience it will always go back to White usually within a couple of hours but certainly will do  by the next day . The most likelyhood of having a problem is when soft washing a house and using stronger mixes on the walls and then getting it on the windows and frames ,but evan then it always goes back to white , within a few hours , it is worrying on the first few jobs when this happens but having been doing this for over 15 years on thousands of properties I have never had it not return to white . There are a number of hypo based products specifically designed fir UPVC products ionics contact foam is one of them there are about 20 others  so don’t see it’s a problem provided the correct dilution rate is used , the problem arises when joe bloggs buys a drum of 15% strength hypochlorite and uses it neat on plastic then it can do  damage and remove the shine .

simon w

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2020, 09:50:01 am »
Watch your eyes.

You forgot lead flashing  ;) ;)