Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shrek

Re: Slx and extreme
« Reply #40 on: June 27, 2020, 07:05:29 am »
Some of my customers close the windows after iv friggin washed them  ???

dazmond

« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2020, 11:55:05 am »
Closing windows with your pole is an every day occurance especially this time of year, what do you extreme users do then if this isnt advisable? I would have to skip no end of windows if i couldnt  use the pole to push/tap them shut, especially velux ones.

i shut windows with my xtreme all the time with a gentle tap....what i do is half extend the first and second sections usually.....if the window is too stiff then i clean it open(dont be tempted to bang the window shut!)...i also drop my pole at least once or twice a month,its inevitable when out and about cleaning.....

how on earth do you close velux windows with your pole? ::)roll.......i leave them if their open.....your asking for trouble it you try and close them with your pole!
price higher/work harder!

NBwcs

« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2020, 05:29:47 pm »
Closing windows with your pole is an every day occurance especially this time of year, what do you extreme users do then if this isnt advisable? I would have to skip no end of windows if i couldnt  use the pole to push/tap them shut, especially velux ones.

i shut windows with my xtreme all the time with a gentle tap....what i do is half extend the first and second sections usually.....if the window is too stiff then i clean it open(dont be tempted to bang the window shut!)...i also drop my pole at least once or twice a month,its inevitable when out and about cleaning.....

how on earth do you close velux windows with your pole? ::)roll.......i leave them if their open.....your asking for trouble it you try and close them with your pole!

I get a bit of a "bounce going" with the brush head on the centre of bottom part of the window frame. If the velux is loose enough to respond it will close enough to clean with 4 or 5 light taps. If not ill leave it. Its not ideal i'll admit but this time of year ,nearly everyones got their velux open. Idealy i should text asking them to close the velux but im definetly in the " least contact before a clean the better" camp. The not today brigade tend to come from the custys that have been text the day before for access, as im sure most on here will identify with. When i break my 1st velux i will no doubt be having a rethink  :)

dazmond

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2020, 04:12:39 pm »

I get a bit of a "bounce going" with the brush head on the centre of bottom part of the window frame. If the velux is loose enough to respond it will close enough to clean with 4 or 5 light taps. If not ill leave it. Its not ideal i'll admit but this time of year ,nearly everyones got their velux open. Idealy i should text asking them to close the velux but im definetly in the " least contact before a clean the better" camp. The not today brigade tend to come from the custys that have been text the day before for access, as im sure most on here will identify with. When i break my 1st velux i will no doubt be having a rethink  :)

i just leave  velux windows if their open and no ones in to shut them......your asking for trouble doing what your doing!whether it be a broken window or a snapped section! ::)roll ;D
price higher/work harder!