Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

markymark

Hartwood Road, Southport
« on: June 17, 2020, 04:47:05 pm »
To the two lads in the dark Renault trafic van who were cleaning a house next to me this morning - if you want to look in my van or ask me about it, please approach me. Don't just drive past, stop, jump out open the back doors and have a nosey.... because to my other customers on the road you looked a lot like a couple of skip rats robbing from the back of my van.
Now I'm sure you weren't robbing, and you were just too shy to approach me. But just in case, I have two different houses worth of cctv.
The good thing about science is that it's true whether you believe it or not.

Shrek

Re: Hartwood Road, Southport
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 04:51:15 pm »
Unbelievable, cheeky fckers I would of run after them. They actually opened your van ??!

Ste b

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 05:55:37 pm »
Will be interesting if you bump into them on the next clean...
The purpose of life is to have a life full of purpose

Spruce

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 06:00:45 pm »
The problem here is that they have 'cased' out your van. They may not have stolen anything yet. They will let it lie and could well be back later when this incident is a memory. They may have even followed you home tonight.

This means you will have to lock up your van in future. I would also get hold of CCTV footage and take it to the police. I would also keep a copy for future reference.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

TomCrowther

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 06:07:54 pm »
The gypsies are out round here. Had a really good look at my van twice. Luckily I had emptied it previously so nothing of interest.

markymark

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 06:12:51 pm »
It's certainly been worrying, that's for sure. The expensive pole lives inside at night, but it would be the irritation of replacing everyday stuff that would annoy me. As far as I know the passenger opened the back door and had a good look inside. If not the theft or potential for theft, then it's the sheer bad manners of it that got me. Initially.
The upside, apart from the other customers alerting me, is that it's spurred me in to getting the adaptations made to my van that I've thought about before.
No-one followed me home, I'm sure of that, and my parking arrangement makes it incredibly difficult to get in at the side or back doors - unless you are actually 2D or a ghost. And then the cctv would catch them. But still....
I won't be letting this lie either.

deeege

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 06:51:38 pm »
To the two lads in the dark Renault trafic van who were cleaning a house next to me this morning - if you want to look in my van or ask me about it, please approach me. Don't just drive past, stop, jump out open the back doors and have a nosey.... because to my other customers on the road you looked a lot like a couple of skip rats robbing from the back of my van.
Now I'm sure you weren't robbing, and you were just too shy to approach me. But just in case, I have two different houses worth of cctv.

Probably a good idea to find a way to work with your van doors locked. I would if I was working in Southport.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Shrek

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2020, 06:55:51 pm »

Probably a good idea to find a way to work with your van doors locked. I would if I was working in Southport.

I used to have a round in Southport , really nice cul de sacs . I used to enjoy it!

deeege

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2020, 07:38:01 pm »

I used to have a round in Southport , really nice cul de sacs . I used to enjoy it!

Some lovely areas there, some not so lovely areas too.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Phil J

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2020, 07:52:43 pm »
I'm originally from Southport, moved away 32 years ago and will not be returning as it's a dump!

markymark

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2020, 08:47:58 pm »
There's better places, but there's also much, MUCH worse  ;D
I'm from the borders of Croxteth and Norris Green, so Southport can be quite tame in comparison.
I only parked on the road today because of extra cars up the driveway. Van locked from now on anyhow.
The two lads sounded like locals so I'll be keeping my eyes peeled from now on.