Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

WGB

Issue with univalve
« on: May 20, 2020, 07:37:17 am »
Hi all

Have a bit of a issue with 2 of my univalves. They are turning the water on very easy like when pole hose catches on something or putting pole back in van but very hard to turn off and near impossible when pole is fully extended. Thinking they might need taking apart and cleaned but not sure if this can be done? Anybody else had this issues and fixed it?

Wayne

Jonny 87

Re: Issue with univalve
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2020, 07:43:53 am »
Hi all

Have a bit of a issue with 2 of my univalves. They are turning the water on very easy like when pole hose catches on something or putting pole back in van but very hard to turn off and near impossible when pole is fully extended. Thinking they might need taking apart and cleaned but not sure if this can be done? Anybody else had this issues and fixed it?

Wayne

Yep, unfortunately it’s the weaker springs that are being used I think. Originals were solid, but the later versions are a bit weaker which makes turning the water off a tad harder and also easier to accidentally turn on.

Cleaning it might even make it worse. I put silicone grease inside mine but as the spring is already stretching and getting looser you actually want more friction in their.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2020, 08:22:35 am »
Mine go through phases during the year as the water temp changes. This time of year they work near perfect, but as the water gets colder they can start to have similar issues.
 When they won't turn off with the pole extended, first I lower the flow rate a little bit to reduce back pressure in the hose. If that doesn't work then I simply fold the hose in my fingers at the base of the pole to shut of the water when working at height and only use the Univalve working at ground level.
However, mine are from the original batches with the stronger springs so this might not be helpful. Might be worth a try though

alank

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2020, 10:12:38 am »
Only ever had issues when I was using stretchy pole hose swoped all poles over to pu pole hose and been fine ever since.

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2020, 02:26:08 pm »
Hi all

Wayne

P&F had a post on this less than 6 months ago if you do a search.
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=217348.0

He also put a Youtube how to video up to show you how to disassemble and reassemble it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBSXX1aV-BM&t=10s

Even with the right hose I'm having a problem switching it off. It must have something to do with warmer water. I also need to reduce the calibration of my controller.
If that doesn't work I'm going to put my Aquadapter back on my pole.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

P @ F

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2020, 05:13:46 pm »
I’m having grief too , and that’s with the brand new spring that exceed sent me !

Funny thing is though , my original Univalve with the 100% stainless spring is working as good as the day they came out  :-\
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Simon Trapani

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2020, 05:33:19 pm »
One of mine's been not always turning off first time lately with the pole extended. Really annoying.

Shrek

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2020, 05:51:36 pm »
This is why Iv just ordered a spare , mine wasn’t turning off or it turns on then slowly turns itself off  ???

david mark

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2020, 06:02:06 pm »
I went back to ball valve on the pole have better control of water flow last 2 plus years only cost £8 for stainless steel ball valve

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2020, 06:52:16 pm »
I used to work with a trigger attached to my pole. Thought it was great till the Univalve came along. I think if I ever dispensed with the univalve, I'd probably just fold the hose. I didn't realise how annoying all that excess hose at my feet was till it wasn't there.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2020, 07:02:08 pm »
We've got eight of them over two vans in total including one spare. It is annoying but I'd never use anything else I don't think.

Just wish you could buy spares or they were a bit cheaper! :-\

WGB

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2020, 09:22:26 pm »
Thanks lads will give cleaning and greasing a go.

P @ F

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2020, 09:29:21 pm »
I’m going back to folding the hose when my 2 are done in , unless they go back to the expensive spring of course  ::)roll

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2020, 09:06:17 am »
I'm still using one of the original univalves from years ago(I bought 2)....

I've just ordered 3 new ones(I'll keep them as spares)...you can buy 3 for £75(before VAT)on the exceed website.

I couldn't use anything else......and certainly wouldn't go back to folding the hose....its the best water control device out there for WFP IMO....
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2020, 09:09:08 am »
I’m going back to folding the hose when my 2 are done in , unless they go back to the expensive spring of course  ::)roll

As usual Rich.......a proper skinflint! ;D

Treat yourself with your £500 grant......
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2020, 09:40:42 am »

As usual Rich.......a proper skinflint! ;D

Treat yourself with your £500 grant......
How very dare you  ;D ;D ;D
It was a bit more than that Daz , we are all on a grand a day on here aren’t we  ;)