Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

TomCrowther

Soft washing kit
« on: May 14, 2020, 10:51:44 pm »
Hi All. I have been using a back pack for softwashing up until now. It’s died and I think I want something with a bit more welly (takes a while to spray a roof with a backpack).  Mainly for spraying hypo after pressure washing flags etc or Algo clear for roof tiles and render.
What do you recommend? I don’t mind a bit of diy.
Cheers for any advice.

Splash & dash

Re: Soft washing kit
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2020, 11:37:41 pm »
Hi All. I have been using a back pack for softwashing up until now. It’s died and I think I want something with a bit more welly (takes a while to spray a roof with a backpack).  Mainly for spraying hypo after pressure washing flags etc or Algo clear for roof tiles and render.
Cheers for any advice.

I built this but a back pack works well and is cheap

Terry A

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2020, 01:11:38 pm »
I'm looking at buying a comet mc 18 softwash pump to apply  biocide through my dosatron.
I'm hoping this will help speed up the process of applying it on large area's.
Anyone using a comet pump?? Feedback would be most welcomed.

Thanks

Terry

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2020, 04:53:06 pm »
X jet  or chem injector on the end of the lance - it's downstream so no chemicals running through your pump

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

TomCrowther

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2020, 05:57:54 pm »
Thanks guys. I have seen the comet pump and dosatron. The dosatron looks expensive for what it is. Think the xjet may be right for me 👍

tom20001

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 09:15:41 am »
Cheers for any advice.

Hi Tom

We just have a 100L barrel with a simple valve fitted to the bottom of it . A pump the very same model as the one we use for pure water window cleaning cleaning set up and then you can attach our standard garden hose to the pump and then our slx pole to this. Simple DIY set up with absolute minimal set up cost .

TomCrowther

« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2020, 10:13:41 pm »
Cheers Tom

Aspen Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2020, 12:15:15 pm »

I’m in the process of finishing off this softwash mixer so you can change from a 1% to 5% mix in the turn of a valve no batch mixing like with the back pack. If you want to send me your details would be good to have a chat and I can let you know what I’m using and find effective when softwashing.

My email is joel@aspencleaning.co.uk

Thanks, Joel.

TomCrowther

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2020, 07:40:12 pm »
Thank you Joel. I will send you a mail shortly 👍