Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mjm

No food on shelves
« on: March 19, 2020, 02:35:00 pm »
Asda is half empty of food lidl is the same no bread no meat at all they say the deliveries are tomorrow
But friday is shopping day for everyone 

Iam concerned   now    didnt give fook before the roads are so quiet   it's like the world cup final is been played  ::)roll ???

Slacky

Re: No food on shelves
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2020, 03:08:33 pm »
I went to a local Co-op this morning at 7. It was empty.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2020, 06:26:53 pm »
Going to get worse now the schools gave up.   More people off to look after kids is going to put more pressure on other sectors. 

However with all the colleges shut there will be loads of youths happy with a bit of casual work filling the shelves.  Maybe teachers could help too 😁
Although schools are closed to pupils from Friday, teachers have to turn up to their place of work on Monday unless they are self isolating. All council employees are classed as category 1 responders and have legal duties to provide a service  what ever that may be in an emergency situation such as this ......this is in Scotland, not sure if the rest of the UK is the same?

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2020, 06:31:53 pm »
Asda is half empty of food lidl is the same no bread no meat at all they say the deliveries are tomorrow

Iam concerned   now    didnt give fook before the roads are so quiet   it's like the world cup final is been played  ::)roll ???

its the same everywhere mate...you need to go early in the morning and even then no guarantees.....the local corner shops usually have plenty of stock of stuff you need if you dont mind paying a bit extra.....
price higher/work harder!

mjm

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2020, 09:10:59 pm »

its the same everywhere mate...you need to go early in the morning and even then no guarantees.....the local corner shops usually have plenty of stock of stuff you need if you dont mind paying a bit extra.....
I drove to 5 big shops completely bare I stopped at the corner shop emptied there freezer and toned stuff
£60   would if cost only £25   normally   I spoke to the lidl   staff they get a delivery tonight night shift are filling them I will be there 8am when they open

Sainsbury asda iceland Tesco dont know when next delivery I tried to book online as usual  a whole 14 days fully booked no orders to be taken
Outrageous   :o 

Granny

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2020, 11:33:51 am »
It's not  just that the shops are empty it's the fact that people are breathing down your neck when you're checking out, if you're fortunate to find something to buy.
What's the point of saying "Keep 2 metres distant" when you've got someone coughing down the back of your neck?

G Griffin

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2020, 12:51:21 pm »
Going to get worse now the schools gave up.   More people off to look after kids is going to put more pressure on other sectors. 

However with all the colleges shut there will be loads of youths happy with a bit of casual work filling the shelves.  Maybe teachers could help too 😁
Although schools are closed to pupils from Friday, teachers have to turn up to their place of work on Monday unless they are self isolating. All council employees are classed as category 1 responders and have legal duties to provide a service  what ever that may be in an emergency situation such as this ......this is in Scotland, not sure if the rest of the UK is the same?
It is but they are encouraging parents- even key workers- to keep their children at home.
I'm torn because my son really needs to be in school but I'd feel dreadful if he got it being in school, so I could do some work.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Soupy

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2020, 12:59:30 pm »
I went to a local Co-op this morning at 7. It was empty.

Of food or people?

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2020, 01:41:29 pm »
human kindness at last..... went into savers to get hairspray for my wife and I noticed there were 2 packs of toilet rolls left, the lady in front of me picked them both up and put them in her basket, she then turned around to me and said "do you need one" I replied yes please and she then handed one to me, I thanked her for being unselfish and made a comment that's it a shame there are not more people like that in England,,, infact the whole wide world

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2020, 02:12:01 pm »
i went to a large tesco store at 715am today.....really busy ....half the shelves were empty,no bars of soap nevermind liquid handwash/hand gels,no toilet roll OR kitchen roll..... ::)roll...no pasta and hardly any tinned food,half the freezer food gone too!

in the end i managed to get a couple of bars of soap from a local shop and some kitchen roll to wipe my arse on......
price higher/work harder!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2020, 02:14:11 pm »
Small shops are our key services.

This is why we should look after small local businesses rather than the giants.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3