Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jo5hm4n

Re: Crazy idea for us Northerners
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2020, 10:27:41 am »
That was a long post !! You're in North Wales right ? You sureley know of the guy who lives in York and comes and cleans St.Davids (A55, Northop)   ?

Right this may just sound a little bit Dellboy, but humour me please.

Up north you can earn £200-£300 tops for a good days work WFP domestic.  I hear all the time people down south earning £400-£500 a day in certain areas on domestics.  First of all i have no idea if this is true or just complete wallop.  However just for now lets assume these figures are possible.

So how about this for an idea.  Up north if you did a 5 day week you could bring in around £1000-£1500 total.

Down south you could bring in £2000-£2500 total.

What about the idea of once a month travelling down south to do say a full weeks work in an affluent area where you can get these prices.  You could stay in a hotel and use spotless water filling station for £15 a fill up.

You would be bringing in atleast another £1000 of turnover if not more.  The added costs would be -return trip north to south maybe £100 max fuel.  Hotel for 5 nights cheap hotel @ £50 = £250.  Spotless water £15 x 4 days = £60.  Food £10 a day x 5 = £50.  Total Added costs would be = £460.  So you could still potentially profit another £500 without doing any more physical work as such.

You could either buy a round or get a canvasser to get the work for you, and do cash on the day or online only to avoid the problem of collecting etc.

Just a wild idea, and in no way do i want to do this!!!!  However i just wondered if anyone else does this.

Reason why i am saying this is for the following reason:

Back in my other business in 2013 i could earn double or more working in London than i could working in North Wales, so would often book a ton of work in and spend 3-4 days in London every couple of months.  It was very tiring but naturally very rewarding.  I am wondering whether this same method could be applied to window cleaning for a domestic regular round.

Thoughts???

;D ;D ;D ;D

No i didn't know that at all!  Thats atleast 2-3 hours drive, he must be making good money off that.  Either that or hes a busy fool lol.

Ooooooog

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2020, 10:50:26 am »
The only problem with the south, though, is it’s full of southerners.

I’ll pass, thanks.
And the ale's rubbish.

Except for Camden Pale Ale. Lovely stuff
I'll keep an eye out for that.
Cheers.

We clean their pv. Amazing brewery. Think they’ve been bought out by one of the big breweries now though.

G Griffin

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2020, 11:12:41 am »
The only problem with the south, though, is it’s full of southerners.

I’ll pass, thanks.
And the ale's rubbish.

Except for Camden Pale Ale. Lovely stuff
I'll keep an eye out for that.
Cheers.

We clean their pv. Amazing brewery. Think they’ve been bought out by one of the big breweries now though.
Typical .
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Spotfree

« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2020, 04:56:24 pm »
Josh mate I,m on the exact same patch as you, the money is right here!

I have days at over £400 which I do alone, the wife takes care of all the background stuff nowadays.

Check me out at companies house no problems, I do it mostly in 4 days too, sometimes 5 though.

Ascjim

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2020, 05:57:12 pm »
Only £1,600 debt, I wish!