Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Crystal-clear

Solar panel question again.
« on: August 30, 2019, 06:17:10 pm »
Ok let's clear the air once and for all.

These things are solid glass Previous chap spoke about tree sap so if there's any harder deposits and you want to give it a little wash down with some fairy liquid or flash  or something a little stronger etc given that they are extremely rigid glass surely many have done this ?.
Has anyone ever actually heard of solar panels breaking down after cleaning them with any solution.

zesty

Re: Solar panel question again.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2019, 06:28:51 pm »
A little bit of fairy isn’t going to harm them, they are designed to withstand the elements/bird crap etc.

Splash & dash

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2019, 09:37:22 pm »

These things are solid glass Previous chap spoke about tree sap so if there's any harder deposits and you want to give it a little wash down with some fairy liquid or flash  or something a little stronger etc given that they are extremely rigid glass surely many have done this ?.
Has anyone ever actually heard of solar panels breaking down after cleaning them with any solution.

We have cleaned tens of thousands of  panels never had a problem , Ime sure you could safely clean them with all the chemical cleaners out there including hypo ,but and it’s a big but if you do it will invalidate the warrantee if there is a problem and if you are working for the manufacturers and   installers like we were ,we would then be held responsible for replacement costs , you don’t want that when cleaning solar farms . Use what you want in them you will probably get away with it ,but just be aware you could find yourself with a very expensive bill if it goes pair shaped

Crystal-clear

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2019, 06:44:05 am »

We have cleaned tens of thousands of  panels never had a problem , Ime sure you could safely clean them with all the chemical cleaners out there including hypo ,but and it’s a big but if you do it will invalidate the warrantee if there is a problem and if you are working for the manufacturers and   installers like we were ,we would then be held responsible for replacement costs , you don’t want that when cleaning solar farms . Use what you want in them you will probably get away with it ,but just be aware you could find yourself with a very expensive bill if it goes pair shaped
Thank you for this. . Generally I don't think anyone has heard of a panel breaking down ever after cleaning.but Good guidelines to follow here.

zesty

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2019, 06:59:08 am »
Fairy liquid isn’t going to break down a solar panel, you have no worries there.

Splash, I’ve also thought about softwashing them, and then rinsing off with pure, but i think hypo is a bit too risky. Shame, as that would make cleaning them a doddle.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2019, 07:29:57 am »
Fairy liquid isn’t going to break down a solar panel, you have no worries there.

Splash, I’ve also thought about softwashing them, and then rinsing off with pure, but i think hypo is a bit too risky. Shame, as that would make cleaning them a doddle.
I think what splash is trying to say is he's confirming they're extremely rigid. And you could probably get away with using anything however following the guidelines would be best.
These panels have been around for many years and I'm certain people have used all sorts of stuff on them by now we would have heard at least one Horror Story nothing has come out.