Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

What I don't miss about trad work
« on: July 15, 2019, 08:03:54 pm »
So most know the joys of hanging up the ladders and trad tools when you switch over to wfp. Yet what are the smaller joys of switching from trad to wfp?

Today I was thankful for being on wfp and I realised something that I definitely dont miss this time of year on the trad tools.
Miggies!  Corn flies.............. Landing on the windows when you need to dry scrim them and you smear blood lines all over the window.

Today I've been covered in the little pests,  but the wfp brush and plenty of jets make light work of cleaning the glass dispite this problem
😁😁
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

jonboywalton75

Re: What I don't miss about trad work
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 10:02:00 am »
Thinking about my 17 years of trad, i wonder how i put up with all the hassles
Too many to mention
I'm never doing it again, and that makes me soooo happy

zesty

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 11:58:26 am »
Thinking about my 17 years of trad, i wonder how i put up with all the hassles
Too many to mention
I'm never doing it again, and that makes me soooo happy

I nearly gave up window cleaning when trad, did it for 9 years and hated it by the 8-9 year mark.

Last ditch investment in WFP and 5 years later never looked back. Best thing I ever did!

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 12:36:30 pm »
Another......
Swapping ducking down the ladders underneath washing lines to snagging your hose on car tyres..... 😂

But, wouldn't swap back
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Rayleigh Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 03:35:38 pm »
Windy weather with ladders, uneven ground, cold alloy ladders all day was fun in winter, leaving loads of cobwebs that wasn't quite my job to deal with when trad, saying no can't do that particular window or velux to customers.
Keep tying the ladders down on van.
After 25 years trad, changing over was a breath of fresh air and I recommend it 100%

zesty

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 04:25:35 pm »
Windy weather with ladders, uneven ground, cold alloy ladders all day was fun in winter, leaving loads of cobwebs that wasn't quite my job to deal with when trad, saying no can't do that particular window or velux to customers.
After 25 years trad, changing over was a breath of fresh air and I recommend it 100%

Yeah winding the old ladder winders on used to frustrate me, especially when they used to squeak because I rarely oiled the threads 😂

jonboywalton75

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 04:48:59 pm »

Yeah winding the old ladder winders on used to frustrate me, especially when they used to squeak because I rarely oiled the threads 😂

So many things to hate about trad 😱😱😱

robbo333

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2019, 06:45:09 pm »
I'd offer a different opinion.

I'm 55 now and my elbows aren't great. I hate those long reaches over connys, leaded windows using the superlite flocked and anything that involves getting the step ladders out. I may work towards a round of trad bungalows and work out of a pick up truck. Maybe keep a backpack for the odd dormer window.

Oh well, some lovely 3 storey town houses tomorrow.

PS in all fairness though, wfp is where the money is.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2019, 08:23:43 pm »

I'm 55 now and my elbows aren't great. I hate those long reaches over connys, leaded windows using the superlite flocked and anything that involves getting the step ladders out. I may work towards a round of trad bungalows and work out of a pick up truck. Maybe keep a backpack for the odd dormer window.

a carbon gooseneck with an xtreme brush on the end is the lightest combo for awkward windows robbo!its a winner whether you ve got an xtreme pole or a heavier SLX pole.....

as for leaded i just use my normal mono brushes now,i cant be bothered to swap to a flocked brush,if your careful you can still do a good job without ripping all the lead off the windows! ;D
price higher/work harder!

zesty

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2019, 08:33:46 pm »

a carbon gooseneck with an xtreme brush on the end is the lightest combo for awkward windows robbo!its a winner whether you ve got an xtreme pole or a heavier SLX pole.....

as for leaded i just use my normal mono brushes now,i cant be bothered to swap to a flocked brush,if your careful you can still do a good job without ripping all the lead off the windows! ;D

I use xmreme poles, carbon gooseneck and Xtreme brushes for everything daz, never even thought to change the brush for leaded windows, I just brush lighter 👍🏼

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2019, 08:41:41 am »
when trad i always used to dread the houses where they had a gravel driveway,mossy,slippy patio round the back or decking..... ::)roll ;D

also on a cold wet drizzly day in winter it could be tricky cleaning the windows with a mop/squeegee and scrim(very easy to smear them!)

not to mention all the climbing on roofs!i was like a stuntman without the glamour....... :o ;D
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2019, 09:31:30 am »
Cold mornings when you mop a window and it freezes straight away  ;D
No issues with hot wfp (well not for me anyway)
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

jonboywalton75

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2019, 12:56:19 pm »
Cold mornings when you mop a window and it freezes straight away  ;D
No issues with hot wfp (well not for me anyway)

I have more issues with freezing now I'm on the wfp than i had trad
I am on a cold system though