Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

James Styles

Gardiner back pack charging issue
« on: May 08, 2019, 03:16:35 pm »
I am having an issue with charging the backpack, on the led light it’s always on the 2nd light, if I charge it all night it’s on the 2nd light never goes to fully charged on the green light, yet when I charge the backpack the light is lit green on the charger instantly? I moved the charger around a bit and the light went red for a second then back to green, I’ve only had this backpack like a month, seems something is wrong with the charger?
also where you plug in the charger the 2 pins stick out but the 3rd one (the one on its own) is more sunken in, should it be this way?
other than the charging issue the backpack has been great but I’d like to be able to get it fully charged

Alex Gardiner

Re: Gardiner back pack charging issue
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 03:51:24 pm »
Hi James

If you email this query to sales@gardinerpolesystems.co.uk along with your contact number someone can call you back and talk you through our troubleshooting guide.

It sounds like either the charger is not working or a wire has fallen off inside from the charging socket.

The middle pin to the charging socket is not a charging pin, but is a dummy plastic pin - only the outer two pins actually are used.

James Styles

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2019, 04:13:20 pm »
Hi James

If you email this query to sales@gardinerpolesystems.co.uk along with your contact number someone can call you back and talk you through our troubleshooting guide.

It sounds like either the charger is not working or a wire has fallen off inside from the charging socket.

The middle pin to the charging socket is not a charging pin, but is a dummy plastic pin - only the outer two pins actually are used.

Hi Alex the lights on the backpack is different then the video on YouTube, mine is L-N-H, L is yellow then N is lit up Green it’s just the H part which does not light up but that’s a red symbol? I’m thinking it’s fully charged? Or should all 3 be lit up when fully charged

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2019, 04:31:56 pm »
Hi Alex the lights on the backpack is different then the video on YouTube, mine is L-N-H, L is yellow then N is lit up Green it’s just the H part which does not light up but that’s a red symbol? I’m thinking it’s fully charged? Or should all 3 be lit up when fully charged

This is just to test if you're concentrating!

Over the years the LED voltmeters have changed slightly from the suppliers and now the only two LEDS fitted are yellow and green ( or red and green on some ages of backpack).

The third LED hole no longer has an LED behind it - despite the face allowing for it.

So if the LED showing is green then the battery is charged - if the green light goes out and only the yellow or red LED is showing then it needs a charge.

The above information can be found on the usage instructions provided with the backpack

James Styles

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2019, 04:39:41 pm »

Over the years the LED voltmeters have changed slightly from the suppliers and now the only two LEDS fitted are yellow and green ( or red and green on some ages of backpack).

The third LED hole no longer has an LED behind it - despite the face allowing for it.

So if the LED showing is green then the battery is charged - if the green light goes out and only the yellow or red LED is showing then it needs a charge.

The above information can be found on the usage instructions provided with the backpack

Haha I should of read all through the instructions my bad.
Thank you Alex I can certainly say the backpack and clx22 are awesome items now that I’ve been using them for weeks, will be using gardiner for future purchases for sure, thanks for the replies mate 👍

george renwick

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2019, 11:46:24 pm »

Thats cleared up my query too nearly ,Will it go to yellow then red or just one colour Alex ???  Thanks George