Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard iSparkle

Quoting Commercial Internal + External
« on: March 06, 2019, 04:26:26 pm »
Hi Chaps,

its been a while since i was on here and I;m looking for some wisdom from the experienced commercial operators..

we have been picking up some good commercial work recently and I have a series of medium to large buildings to quote for a commercial client of ours.  They have decided they now want us to clean internal plus external.

For those of you that quote commercials how would you quote the internals? Obviously, there is a lot more glass inside with partitions etc, and we can't do it WFP either which means its a slow hot job... But.. they're a good client so I want to offer them a decent price.

Would you tend to go the same as the external? or higher?

for what it's worth for domestics we charge double or three times for inside but i just don't think i can get away with that on the commercial!

thanks

Richard

iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

p1w1

Re: Quoting Commercial Internal + External
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 04:38:04 pm »
I just simply work out how long the job will take, whats needed to complete it, how many people are needed, how payment is made (waiting times etc), any issues you may encounter on the job and then you set a price your happy with.
Depending on what commercial premises it is doing insides is different to cleaning a house as you can have desks in the way with people working on them, cabinets , book shelves, electrical equipment and so on, so you really can only look at the job yourself and work it out how long it could take, there is no magic formula. With a house you may have to work around a sofa and some picture frames and thats about it.

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 05:10:11 pm »
As above - normally the perimeter glass is +50% of the exterior just remember that there are 2 sides for partition glass 😇

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 05:29:19 pm »
As above - normally the perimeter glass is +50% of the exterior just remember that there are 2 sides for partition glass 😇

Darran

So if you are already cleaning the exterior, you might well quote 150% of that price?

i think sometimes there is a difference between what we think the price should be, and what a customer is willing to pay for a specific service, if that makes sense?
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 08:06:38 pm »

Darran

So if you are already cleaning the exterior, you might well quote 150% of that price?

i think sometimes there is a difference between what we think the price should be, and what a customer is willing to pay for a specific service, if that makes sense?

that's correct (sometimes higher if partitions or internal connecting doors are involved) - not really worried what the customer is "willing" to pay - my pricing is what I feel is fair and correct for the job at hand - take it or leave it - if I worried about what some customer were 'willing' to pay I'd be broke - there's always more work around the corner who are willing to pay a fair price

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 08:48:52 pm »
thanks Darren
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2019, 10:04:20 pm »
👍