Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Crystal-clear

Squeegee software who loves it? Only £10.00
« on: January 25, 2019, 08:26:07 pm »
I'm surprised not many people are raving about this. I think my spreadsheet has seen better days and it's time for me to invest in some software initially I was thinking about cleaner planner but then noticed squeegee was recommended

it's half price from cleaner planner do you use it how do you like it ? I'm just about to sign up I think I like the way how you can distance the jobs and it can figure out things for you like on the go figure out which house is nearer .income and losses expenditures things like that as well so it's also an accountancy software not to mention their customer service was amazing you can actually speak to them.
So if you use it how do you like it maybe you change from cleaner planner back to squeegee or vice versa would love to hear from you.

Stoots

Re: Squeegee software who loves it? Only £10.00
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 08:36:01 pm »
It has a lot of great features and I think eventually it will be the best.

However I keep trying it and it's still too buggy, the reporting and accounting side is lacking.

But the main problem I have with it is a nightmare to organise work.

If you want to have an overview of what's due for the week or coming weeks you have to trawl through each day whereas cleaner planner you can see everything much easier.

I couldn't get on with having the set days...im too used to using worksheets with cleaner planner, I move work about too much and in squeegee moving work about is a chore

The day pilot was crap when I tried it, had me driving all over in not the best order.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 11:11:51 pm »
I know work needs to be moved about quite often but I think it's all doable. The some features I really like but also the accounting side is actually there once you upgrade apparently it's records expenses and profits and things like that. Surely you have to love the way it can distance the jobs that way you're not driving past jobs. And all integrated into the maps.
I take it you switched over back to cleaner planner.
Yes if it's true that you can't see the workload that would be an issue. I'm thinking of running my old spreadsheet system and squeegee at the same time that way both are updated incase. I totally love the customer service though they're actually quite amazing unlike other software companies you can't call them you have to email them first.
Also having the app mobile is really useful isn't it.

David Beecroft

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2019, 07:10:21 am »
Aworka does it for me, how does that compare with squeegee?

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 12:47:26 pm »
i think cleaner planner is great and its effortless to use.....i dont think ill be changing to save just £8 a month.......
price higher/work harder!

Crystal-clear

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 01:12:59 pm »
Can cleaner planner make you the fastest economical route though and is it on the go fully functioning on the app. I think they have the subscription to The Swift planner but squeegee has the software built in

Stoots

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2019, 03:00:17 pm »
The day pilot doesn't work in my experience, it doesn't take me on the best route.

With cleaner planner I can put the work into the best order myself and navigate to each job from the worksheet app from my phone.

Like I said all the features are there but it's just too buggy.

Not being able to see all my work at a glance is a big problem I can't get my head round. Yes I went back to cleaner planner even though it works out much more expensive.

However I will keep trying squeegee as it has improved overtime, eventually it will get there

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2019, 11:10:59 pm »
Cp has a route planner (maybe not available to all)

Having looked at squeegee it’s biggest problem is you can only look ahead 1 week, this is no good to us  - how can you plan your biz with only 7 days look ahead 🤔

Until this issue is sorted it’s not for us

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Crystal-clear

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2019, 11:26:39 am »
Cp has a route planner (maybe not available to all)

Having looked at squeegee it’s biggest problem is you can only look ahead 1 week, this is no good to us  - how can you plan your biz with only 7 days look ahead 🤔

Until this issue is sorted it’s not for us

Darran

Mm I see I really really love the customer service though it was awesome. Now I'm right in the middle. Possibly need to try both out to see which one is the best.

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2019, 02:50:57 pm »
Can cleaner planner make you the fastest economical route though and is it on the go fully functioning on the app. I think they have the subscription to The Swift planner but squeegee has the software built in

I don't need that function anyway mate as all my work is virtually in the same area so I use my common sense when organising my work....

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2019, 02:59:36 pm »
It has got a route planner yes but as I've said I have no need for it....

With CP you can chop and change your schedule on the planner weeks ahead if need be which I do all the time to fit around holidays,bank holidays and other commitments in the future....

Crystal-clear

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2019, 07:00:29 pm »

I don't need that function anyway mate as all my work is virtually in the same area so I use my common sense when organising my work....
I know but when there's a lot of jobs and you're driving past streets sometimes it gets a bit hectic
With new cleans in the middle  the fastest route is always going to make more money the root thing is a must.
does cleaner planner integrate this for free?

Crystal-clear

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2019, 07:01:21 pm »
It has got a route planner yes but as I've said I have no need for it....

With CP you can chop and change your schedule on the planner weeks ahead if need be which I do all the time to fit around holidays,bank holidays and other commitments in the future....
What would be good as when you need to bring a job forward even say two weeks and charge them the pro rater amount.

@Woking Windows

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2019, 08:11:11 am »
I am trialling it out along side Aworka, I do love the way it can send an invoice with a swipe if it’s been set up correctly  but It would be nice to see a whole month on the laptop but I’m getting used to it.
I can see myself keeping it

mufcglen

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2019, 02:29:27 pm »
i use aworka and never had any probs with that but ive never tried anything else as aworka has always had everything i need especially the mobile app.
always interested if theres anything better though for the £10 aworka costs.

chopsie

« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2019, 01:35:50 pm »
I've got it on trial at the moment (before seeing this thread). I have only used George before and find for a £50 one off fee its excellent. The only reason I am considering swapping is for a mobile app so I can just use my phone when working. I find squeegee to have the same issues as above, you can only have set days (bloody annoying), you can only see a week ahead on the screen instead of at least a monthly planner and the route planner gimmick is toss (although I don't have any need for it). For example I  had two houses nextdoor to reach other, it suggested I did one and went all around the rest of the round and then do the next door one  ::)roll
I'm going to trial aworka now as I'm unimpressed with squeegee, if that's no good I'll stick with George as it's all paid for years ago and just have to keep printing work sheets off. Not the end of the world and saves £120+ a year!
chopsie

@Woking Windows

« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2019, 04:03:25 pm »
If you click on the double ticks half way up the screen it then makes all the jobs greyed out on the left hand side. You can then move the jobs in the order you would like and that will then reflect on the job route. It’s not an necessity, more of a niceity

Crystal-clear

« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2019, 01:48:41 am »
ok so for me it was going to be Squeegee or Aworka.

So far Squeegee is good we must remember its only £10 a month and it does a lot for the money.
You can view all the work by clicking right on the work planer but you are meant to make all the work due then any over due work you click it on for the day like wise if you leave a few jobs you move them forward.

Im still getting to grips with it and i may well need alot more time to get used to it and not use my old spread sheet. one thing which i am struggling to understand is the day pilot  didn't seem to put them in order of the route also the work planer you can distance the work but didn't seem to update or organise in order of location.so right now im only using it for texting debt.

but im new to it still and they're gona help one other thing they are easy to speak to on the phone if you need help fire a little message or even a call.. not many offer that diect support. Squeegee seems to offer the most for the money along with the route optimization once i get my head around it, most other software charges for that via a third party like speedy route planer.
they also include a free texting option prob alot of other things i havnt mentioned that r pretty cool as well.

I will also look into Aworka it seems a little more basic but not in a bad way just all on the page and you can print it out which i also like Im wondering does Aworka also have a route planer and a good texting option as well? if so were spoilt for choice.

Plankton

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2019, 11:46:39 am »
Aworka is good, what I would like though is an "undo" button as sometimes if using the phone I swipe and accidentally move a job, I know it's moved somewhere but takes a while to find it! (I've got a lot if new customers so it's easy to miss)
Moving the order of the days jobs could be easier as well, instead of going into the customer page and editing it there could be a click and drag option to drop it into order. You can drag onto another day but not to adjust the order on the day.
When I worked at BOC Gases we had these functions for planning work and it makes things that bit easier. However the automated route planner was a pile of poop, it'll have you running round in circles.

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2019, 03:35:03 pm »
i still think cleaner planner is the best out there for simplicity,functionality and the mobile app,not buggy at all and runs very smoothly whether its on my laptop or smartphone.....its virtually effortless to use,saves me loads on paper and ink from the old days of george......