Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Slacky

Re: New from reach it 😱🙄
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2018, 08:36:08 am »
It’s attention seeking the way I see. Which is probably what you’re saying as well.

dazmond

« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2018, 08:38:46 am »
lets be honest we ve all experimented with set ups,equipment etc,etc over the years....i can honestly say i couldnt improve my set up now...its perfect.....

Until someone convinces you to spend thousands on the latest gizmo 😁😁
You're just a window cleaning snob nowadays Daz.

ive always wanted a diesel water heater since i started experimenting with hot water a few years ago but i could never afford it before.....
price higher/work harder!

zesty

« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2018, 09:06:13 am »
lets be honest we ve all experimented with set ups,equipment etc,etc over the years....i can honestly say i couldnt improve my set up now...its perfect.....

ive always wanted a diesel water heater since i started experimenting with hot water a few years ago but i could never afford it before.....

Daz, the only thing your missing, is some amateur videos on YouTube  ;)

I’d love to see you with a phone camera walking round your van saying things like ‘so here’s my diesel heater, I’d definitely recommend one’ etc etc.

nathankaye

« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2018, 09:07:09 am »
For me, I think it was around five videos or so into the YouTube channel, I did a vid, basically an intro as to who I am and my company but also to give an explanation to why I do these videos.
My reasoning was to do with using you tube videos to help me decide to upgrade to wfp and many ofthe videos I watched, helped me to do so. However some videos were lacking, whilst others were conflicting.
So for me, it was about giving back so I could help as well. If everyone decided to stop doing such vids, then that list of help would soon deminish.
https://youtu.be/0bnwP4ThGz0

I certainly didn't expect many to like it, never mind to get over 100 people subscribing.  But no lies, it is great to get subscribers and likes so I know ones are benefiting from them and I'm not talking dribble 😂
So I can see why people do get hooked on wanting the attention and needing the likes and how some may need it more than others for some type of self worth and reasons that some of you guys have touched on.
Others beg n plead for subscribers, perhaps for the YouTube fame or for big boy companies to send them freebies and /or get paid for their advertisements n videos.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #64 on: November 09, 2018, 09:11:09 am »
I must be really good at them because at one point Steve of ExCeed subscribed to me  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

jonboywalton75

« Reply #65 on: November 09, 2018, 01:08:53 pm »
I had someone from Guatemala visiting  my website last week
Wow you can't get better recognition than that eh!!!!!!
Who needs YouTube

Dry Clean

« Reply #66 on: November 09, 2018, 01:46:47 pm »

I’d love to see you with a phone camera walking round your van saying things like ‘so here’s my diesel heater, I’d definitely recommend one’ etc etc.

It would get way too confusing. first you would get a video telling you a product was useless and didnt work and in the next video the same product would be a game changer, lol

jonboywalton75

« Reply #67 on: November 09, 2018, 02:12:04 pm »
One thingy Daz always gives us, is entertainment  ;D

zesty

« Reply #68 on: November 09, 2018, 03:18:06 pm »

It would get way too confusing. first you would get a video telling you a product was useless and didnt work and in the next video the same product would be a game changer, lol

;D

Slash

« Reply #69 on: November 09, 2018, 07:02:26 pm »
REALLY!!!  ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll
Is this product necessary,how long does it take to check your tds with a tds meter.
Another waste of money,some people have far too much time on their hands.

Spruce

« Reply #70 on: November 09, 2018, 07:42:02 pm »
Soooo very deep Spruce , I have been guilty of doing some P poor vids in my time , maybe I will treat you all to a snippet of my trigger invention from some years ago 😆
I will watch most things just to see through being nosey really , ok some are not worth the YouTube space but I have looked further into the background at peoples setups and on occasion have thought “That’s clever , why have I not done that “ it don’t have to be groundbreaking , just something simple can make all the difference.
Long live the shoddy vid I say.  👍

I need to change the pollen filter on my car which I have never done before. I have just watched the worst diy video clip on Youtube on how to do it. Half the time the camera wasn't even pointing in the right place. But despite it, watching it through has given me an idea of where it is and how to unclip it. I'm sure if I hadn't seen the video I would have had no problem doing the job anyway, it just that seeing it done gives me a little more confidence to do it.
I definitely agree that no matter how bad the presentation is, there is usually something you see that is of interest.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

P @ F

« Reply #71 on: November 09, 2018, 09:51:57 pm »
I looked at one vid prior to changing my glow plugs on my Fiorino , more as a point of reference to see what it entailed , this guy stripped heat shields , dropped half the exhaust and then removed the turbo completely .
I didnt particularly want to be doing all that but it had to be done for Monday so cracked on .
I took the shields off and scratched my noggin for a bit  ???
I then used a 1/4 inch drive socket set as opposed to his 3/8 socket set and had it done in under 1 hour , 6 x 10 mm bolts is all that had to come off .
His vid did give a point of ref but it also could have cost me many more hours !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2018, 09:47:25 pm »
Cheap looking heavy crap.. no change there.  Would rather buy unger they are that bad!
WE CLEAN BY FAITH, NOT BY SIGHT WITH WATER FED POLE WHEN WORKING AT HEIGHT.

Spruce

« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2018, 10:01:33 pm »
Cheap looking heavy crap.. no change there.  Would rather buy unger they are that bad!

welcome back Cleancare- its nice to see you from the good old days :)
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Rayleigh Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #74 on: December 06, 2018, 03:03:21 pm »
Putting that pole together has to be the most long winded mucking about I have ever seen . Absolute joke.

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #75 on: December 07, 2018, 05:07:57 pm »

Hi Bruce hope life is treating you well!
Yes I haven't been around for some time on the forum, I had a nasty accident in July I fell from a ladder trying to  clear an awkward weed from gutters even though I have a gutter vac 🙄 I thought do I wrestle it from the ground for half an hour or whip up there and have it out in a minute? I made the wrong decision!
I fell landed in the standing position my left foot bent 90° and I broke my 5th metatarsal and my talus.
The metatarsal was fully healed weeks ago but the talus is a notoriously difficult injury to heal due to very limited blood supply and is healing VERY slowly.
It can take between 6 months and a year to fully recover, and when I say fully recover I mean to the best it can.
Worst case scenario is that you can lose the blood supply all together and the bone dies leading to severe difficulty walking.

Thankfully the signs are that I am healing slowly but only just got back to work myself 4 weeks ago! Doing shorter days and on painkillers but at least I feel master of my own destiny again.
It's horrible having to rely on others so much.
Dan

Dave Willis

« Reply #76 on: December 07, 2018, 05:13:56 pm »
 :o Did you or the ladder slip? Sounds dreadful!

CLEANCARE WC

« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2018, 12:44:22 pm »
:o Did you or the ladder slip? Sounds dreadful!

I slipped 🙈

Gordon_Taylor

« Reply #78 on: December 09, 2018, 09:22:56 am »

Hi Bruce hope life is treating you well!
Yes I haven't been around for some time on the forum, I had a nasty accident in July I fell from a ladder trying to  clear an awkward weed from gutters even though I have a gutter vac 🙄 I thought do I wrestle it from the ground for half an hour or whip up there and have it out in a minute? I made the wrong decision!
I fell landed in the standing position my left foot bent 90° and I broke my 5th metatarsal and my talus.
The metatarsal was fully healed weeks ago but the talus is a notoriously difficult injury to heal due to very limited blood supply and is healing VERY slowly.
It can take between 6 months and a year to fully recover, and when I say fully recover I mean to the best it can.
Worst case scenario is that you can lose the blood supply all together and the bone dies leading to severe difficulty walking.

Thankfully the signs are that I am healing slowly but only just got back to work myself 4 weeks ago! Doing shorter days and on painkillers but at least I feel master of my own destiny again.
It's horrible having to rely on others so much.
Dan

I know exactly how you feel Dan.

In August I came off a flat roof and shattered my lower tibia and have fractures all the way up to my knee and dislocated my ankle, been told it’s probably the worse fracture I could have had.
It’s amazing how you can go from from working 6 days a week one minute to sitting in the sofa week after week.
I have to have a metal fixator on my leg until March so appreciate it when you say about relying on someone else, speedy recovery mate.
Quality is doing it right, even when no-one is looking.

Soupy

« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2019, 02:05:57 pm »
The reach-it pole conjecture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5KWzOOhZrw