Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mfwindowcleaner

Which Van System
« on: June 28, 2006, 09:34:09 pm »
ok guys some help needed.......
got a citreon berlingo van and im looking to buy a wfp system .......
been reading all the forums etc.
was going to buy a trolley but have now decided against this as most (nearly all) my customers are reachable .......
i havent purchased anything yet and was thinking of buying a D.I.Y and doing my own... was looking at Gardiner ploe systems and they seem reasonable
anybody use them????
what do you guys think i should go for .......
got £1200 to burn and will need at least 2 poles one standard and one at least 28 foot (for all my new customers that ive promised to do in a couple of months )
 ;D ;D ;D
" You can take the girl out of Cork "

Spruce

Re: Which Van System
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 09:54:44 pm »
Hi

The majority of Citroen Berlingo Vans out there have a payload of 600kgs. I think that Citroen allow 75kg for the driver although a passenger would come from the payload figure. (If you have an 800kg van then you are a little better off.)

In my opinion the maximum size tank you could install is a 400l in a 600kg van and would question if you could legally completely fill it with water and all your other gear without going over its carrying capacity. Whatever you decide, please make sure that you secure the tank properly - take advise if you are not sure. You wouldn't stand a chance if an improperly secured tank full of water weighing more that 400kgs came loose in a collision with another vehicle.

Although I would go with the van system, I would be inclined to process your water into a separate tank and draw your daily requirements from that if you have the space rather than doing it on board the van.

The rest is what you can make work for your requirements, your preferences and your round. 
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

mfwindowcleaner

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2006, 10:01:50 pm »
Hi

The majority of Citroen Berlingo Vans out there have a payload of 600kgs. I think that Citroen allow 75kg for the driver although a passenger would come from the payload figure. (If you have an 800kg van then you are a little better off.)

In my opinion the maximum size tank you could install is a 400l in a 600kg van and would question if you could legally completely fill it with water and all your other gear without going over its carrying capacity. Whatever you decide, please make sure that you secure the tank properly - take advise if you are not sure. You wouldn't stand a chance if an improperly secured tank full of water weighing more that 400kgs came loose in a collision with another vehicle.

Although I would go with the van system, I would be inclined to process your water into a separate tank and draw your daily requirements from that if you have the space rather than doing it on board the van.

The rest is what you can make work for your requirements, your preferences and your round. 
was going to build a seperate tank and purification system in my garage......(has tap and electrics etc.)
was looking for just tank ,pump, etc. in van

JM123

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2006, 10:18:57 pm »
we've done a few berlingo's, don't be tempted to go for anything bigger than 400ltr, also make sure you protectacote the floor as you'll be looking through holes in the floor before long if you don't!!  Other than that don't be tempted to skimp on safety - make sure whatever restraints you use are up to the job
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

mfwindowcleaner

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2006, 10:28:43 pm »
we've done a few berlingo's, don't be tempted to go for anything bigger than 400ltr, also make sure you protectacote the floor as you'll be looking through holes in the floor before long if you don't!!  Other than that don't be tempted to skimp on safety - make sure whatever restraints you use are up to the job
do you fit them??
how much for??

JM123

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2006, 10:36:22 pm »
mfwindowcleaner I'll e-mail some pics and price

Ballymena N.I

mfwindowcleaner

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 11:05:17 pm »
cheers mate  ;)

JM123

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2006, 11:06:56 pm »
did you get the e-mail?? My email hardly ever works!

Ballymena N.I

mfwindowcleaner

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2006, 11:16:06 pm »
twice (lol)
cheers mate ..........will give it some thought

JM123

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2006, 11:18:37 pm »
hahahaha!! ;D ;D

sorry mate - no sweat, give us a shout back some time.

Ballymena N.I

paul mather

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2006, 11:27:33 pm »
In a very similar position to you. Have a small suzuki van capable of taking a 400 litre tank and want to go down WFP pole route but don't want to get ripped off.
 Have spent the best part of an hour on the phone to Kirsty at Gardiners and have to say I am impressed with what she had to say. Best part of it is for less than a grand I get a complete system minus an IBC tank which as she says is cheaper for me to source locally 2nd hand.
Give them a call I have heard lots of good things about them.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2006, 11:33:04 pm »
Buying 100m of microbore on a good metal reel and using Geeka brass couplings transformed my work.

No more trolley for me. (Tho' I do have a sureflow backpack for going thru' terraced houses and doing half a dozen out of the way windows - down steps and around corners on old village properties - when I don't want to move the car.)
It's a game of three halves!