Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

zesty

Re: Hi mod poles
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2018, 03:11:40 pm »
Yep. I love my "20".

Much lighter than a 22 and fractionally more so than an 18 because it is only 4 sections.

Extreme   18  weight  760g (4 sections x 1.52m)
Extreme "20" weight 860g ( 4 sections x 1.72m
Extreme   22  weight  990g  (5 sections x 1.52m)
Extreme   25  weight  1100g  ( 5 sections x 1.72m)

What did you buy originally?

Mines the 47, and I literally use it for everthing as I just take sections off to suit! It’s brilliant.

Of course, you do need to be aware of power cables.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2018, 07:35:33 pm »
I carry two poles. The "20" and the 47.

The "20" I use for "everything" - the 47 when the 20 won't reach. If I ran a 25 then of course there would be a few times I could use it over the "20" without needing the 47 but I find the lightness is wonderful so don't.

When I first went SLX I bought a 35 and added the longer sections when necessary but ran the top four as an SLX "20".
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2018, 10:08:46 pm »
I know this topics rehashed

But what do you guys who have used high mod poles, xtremes etc think of them overall?

Obviously they will be lighter, stiffer and easier to work that's quite obvious

But how long do they really last ? And do they offer a good benedit it terms of value for money?

I think I will try one next, either a phantom or extreme but they are expensive, which is fine but so they last long enough or are they fragile items that will be knackered in a year?

I would like to get 2 years out of one, is that feasible?

Used extremes for years now, more than I can remember, my 25 extreme was five years old, but only used few times a week How long they last  is down to the individual, do they clean them, how much work is done with them,
I now work 2  and half days a week,  mine last at least 2 years,

I’ve recently tried since there release the phantom pole hi mod, can’t say I prefer one more than the other, very similar weight but the clamps on the phantom are very good, to be fair an amazing job by Steve form exceed

And for that reason I would say for longevity the hi mod phantom due to the clamps but since it not a year old I can’t say for definate, I’ve put a few carbon versions out with one of the chaps in van, after 2 months no wear at all needs washing out end each week. normally after about 3 months the SLX is spinning after 8 it’s knackered under the clamps with him so if this lasts a year with him as his so  heavy handed, I guess that’s will speak for it’s self