Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Plankton

Sounds like a great place to work
« on: November 15, 2018, 10:56:17 pm »
Got a bit side tracked online and came across employee reviews for Nationwide Window Cleaning. Anyone heard of them or actually know anyone that's worked there.
https://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/Nationwide-Window-Cleaning/reviews

dazmond

Re: Sounds like a great place to work
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 11:14:12 pm »
why would you want to work for any window cleaner?i did for 1 year back in 1992 out of desperation only until i got together enough money to buy a van and start up myself! :)
price higher/work harder!

Plankton

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 11:33:11 pm »
Just 2 clarify I searched for window cleaning planners and this came up on page 2.
I've never seen reviews for a job listing before but as there appears to be no response section from the employer you don't know if it's as true as they claim. Maybe one of their KPI's should be to leave a good review.

Johnny B

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 06:29:13 am »
why would you want to work for any window cleaner?i did for 1 year back in 1992 out of desperation only until i got together enough money to buy a van and start up myself! :)

You've answered your own question Daz. Also, not everone wants to, or has the self confidence to set up their own business.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 07:33:04 am »
I always look down to the comments section.
You can never be too sure if the comments or commentators are genuine, but in this case it seems they are all whistling the same tune.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

deeege

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2018, 07:51:34 am »
I see plenty of Nationwide window cleaners about, both in my local shopping centre early mornings and out and about on the roads. They always seem like they are in a rush to me, probably because their low prices are helping to drive down the price of retail window cleaning.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

cgh window cleaning

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2018, 02:07:49 pm »
Some of the work their employees do is shocking.
I have watched 2 different window cleaners from nationwide come in to a shopping centre where I clean  with no bucket or tools take a picture of a job and not attempt to clean it they couldn't be bothered to even scrim over it and then leave.

Nationwide's whole business is built on very cheap retail window cleaning.

mufcglen

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2018, 06:12:08 pm »
Are nationwide franchises?
I always see a few guys driving about in clapped out old traffics with cheap nasty ibc tanks in the back and the reels the guys are using look like something i’d Throw away and I’ve never seen them working with anything better than a clx pole!

Martin Lane

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2018, 07:06:59 pm »
i think i read somewhere they turn over about 14 million a year, have about 350 workers, they must be doing something right

Martin

Johnny B

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2018, 08:32:02 pm »
i think i read somewhere they turn over about 14 million a year, have about 350 workers, they must be doing something right

Martin

I read some of the reviews, and the general consensus seems to be that the staff are the ones being turned over!

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

deeege

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2018, 09:10:41 pm »
Are nationwide franchises?
I always see a few guys driving about in clapped out old traffics with cheap nasty ibc tanks in the back and the reels the guys are using look like something i’d Throw away and I’ve never seen them working with anything better than a clx pole!

Must be a different crowd. They always seem to be in brand new vans near me. The lad who cleans my local shopping centre has every Unger accessory available hanging from his belt, whether they are his own or supplied by Nationwide I have no idea.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."