Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

WFPjamesWFP

Re: Taking a commercial to small court claims
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2018, 04:10:39 pm »
Appreciate all the advice lads: little update:

They’ve paid the rest of the balance off today.

Glad I got that letter back now haha, but yeah I need to sort out with them some better payment terms; over the past 4 years they’ve gone really sloppy

Elfyn

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2018, 05:48:46 pm »
I think you'll find that they're deliberately holding back payment untill the very last moment and trying to get away without paying for as long as possible thinking that a small tradesman won't have the "balls" to take it further.
My only outstanding debt at the moment is for a judge'e house. After asking in the area, I've found out that he does this to everyone as they're to scared to take on a judge in court.

WFPjamesWFP

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2018, 05:52:39 pm »
I think you’re right @elfyn

I still will not be returning to clean the windows until payment terms have been renegotiated, at the min it seems the payment terms are pay him when he comes in ranting and waving an unpaid invoice list with reception.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2018, 01:08:57 pm »
I think you'll find that they're deliberately holding back payment untill the very last moment and trying to get away without paying for as long as possible thinking that a small tradesman won't have the "balls" to take it further.
My only outstanding debt at the moment is for a judge'e house. After asking in the area, I've found out that he does this to everyone as they're to scared to take on a judge in court.

On the other hand he dare not have proceedings against him.

This is true. I threatened (in writing) a Solicitor with a small claims action. I got the printed forms and filled them out. I photocopied them with a letter basically saying that if I hadn't received a cheque for (about £525.00) within seven days that the claim would go ahead with no further notice AND that I would contact the Law Society.

He paid up.

(I used to sell office equipment to Solicitors etc and one I got on well with advised me what to do saying Solicitors dare not have any court action against them as they  would get into big trouble with the Law Society. (Solicitors' professional body.)
It's a game of three halves!