Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

tenancy agreement.....windows cleaned regularly?
« on: October 24, 2018, 06:34:22 pm »
a customer of mine died around 6 months ago but her niece told me to carry on cleaning the windows which i did and she sent me a cheque after every clean(4 weekly)no problem.then she said she was renting the property out and could i start cleaning for the new tenant and bill the tenant...again no problem(she told me that its in the contract to have the windows cleaned regularly)....

anyway turned up and cleaned it yesterday and gets a text a few hours later "we havent requested windows to be cleaned so please cancel the service"....i then reminded them thats its in their tenancy agreement to have them cleaned.

they then texted me this morning saying that there is no requirement to have the windows cleaned in their contract but they would like to have them cleaned 8 weekly instead.so i text back that i charge an extra £2 for a longer frequency(small 3 bed semi).so £12 instead of £10.they then text back "dont worry ill find someone else to sort it out!" ;D

i then text back  "good luck with finding someone to do them for such a cheap price(not a chance) ;D"

i clean 80+ properties on this estate and have done for many years.i cant see any window cleaner making the trip for one house for less than £12 8 weekly!! :D

they only moved in last friday!the landlord is fuming!she said she ll get back to me.....not that im bothered.....i dont want the job anyway now...... :P
price higher/work harder!

Don Kee

Re: tenancy agreement.....windows cleaned regularly?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 06:46:41 pm »
It might be in the tenency agreement, it might not...

But what wont be in there is that they have to have you cleaning them buddy.
Its not up to the landlord who and how much the tennent pays to clean the windows (unless the landlord is paying)

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 06:51:33 pm »

Its not up to the landlord who and how much the tennent pays to clean the windows (unless the landlord is paying)

i dont care anyway mate....tenants can be a PITA anyway....the rent will probably be crippling every month!....bad vibe all around.....

Richard Stevenson

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 07:01:50 pm »
You are bothered because you posted such a long post😁

zesty

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 07:08:49 pm »
Daz wins ‘most boring post of the month’ award 🥇

aren’t you on holiday?   ???

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2018, 07:31:02 pm »
You are bothered because you posted such a long post😁

i was bothered that they thought a £2 increase(due to the longer frequency) was enough to look for  another cleaner!! ::)roll
IMO my price was  fair and not expensive.....

windowswashed

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2018, 07:48:39 pm »
If your work load is full just replace new work with homeowners. Anywhere that has been tenants that have moved out I replace with new work from homeowners instead of tenants, less hassle that way.

alank

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2018, 08:07:27 pm »
If the landlord is that bothered why don't she pay for it.

PHILIP HARDY

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2018, 08:51:46 pm »
If it is in the tenancy agreement, that they have to keep the windows cleaned and it may well be, that does not mean they have to pay £12 to a stranger, to have them done, at this level, you are not only competing with other windies, the tenant always has the option of doing them themselves, if they have a set of ladders and are so inclined they can clean them for free, its arrogant and condescending to think they have to use you. :(
The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2018, 10:10:22 pm »
If it is in the tenancy agreement, that they have to keep the windows cleaned and it may well be, that does not mean they have to pay £12 to a stranger, to have them done, at this level, you are not only competing with other windies, the tenant always has the option of doing them themselves, if they have a set of ladders and are so inclined they can clean them for free, its arrogant and condescending to think they have to use you. :(

i couldnt care less now mate.......it wasnt my idea to have it written into the tenancy agreement.they obviously dont want it anyway.....plenty of work to go at..... :)

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2018, 10:16:01 pm »
If your work load is full just replace new work with homeowners. Anywhere that has been tenants that have moved out I replace with new work from homeowners instead of tenants, less hassle that way.

the old dear that lived there before was a great customer...been cleaning hers for at least 20 years! ;D

i do have a few accounts that are rented properties,most are homeowners though....i dont care even if their squatters as long as i get paid mate! ;D

Splash & dash

« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2018, 10:48:42 pm »
We had a similar thing years ago with a tennant now we get the owner to pay us and the window cleaning money is included in the rent so we deal with the owner not the tennant . We do this with window cleaning , guttervaccing , plastic cleans , pressurewashing, and softwashing, nice little earner , we email the owner with pictures of what needs doing at the property and a price and nine times out of ten we get the job , we now do this with a lot of property management companies more work from less clients win win

Crystal-clear

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2018, 09:08:21 am »
a customer of mine died around 6 months ago but her niece told me to carry on cleaning the windows which i did and she sent me a cheque after every clean(4 weekly)no problem.then she said she was renting the property out and could i start cleaning for the new tenant and bill the tenant...again no problem(she told me that its in the contract to have the windows cleaned regularly)....

anyway turned up and cleaned it yesterday and gets a text a few hours later "we havent requested windows to be cleaned so please cancel the service"....i then reminded them thats its in their tenancy agreement to have them cleaned.

they then texted me this morning saying that there is no requirement to have the windows cleaned in their contract but they would like to have them cleaned 8 weekly instead.so i text back that i charge an extra £2 for a longer frequency(small 3 bed semi).so £12 instead of £10.they then text back "dont worry ill find someone else to sort it out!" ;D

i then text back  "good luck with finding someone to do them for such a cheap price(not a chance) ;D"

i clean 80+ properties on this estate and have done for many years.i cant see any window cleaner making the trip for one house for less than £12 8 weekly!! :D

they only moved in last friday!the landlord is fuming!she said she ll get back to me.....not that im bothered.....i dont want the job anyway now...... :P

I had a similar situation once.
It was a big mansion though wasn't super expensive but a solid hours water fed pole £50 the owner moved out and rented the property and strictly put in the contract the windows are to be cleaned by my window cleaner.
After a couple of cleans they started to send me away at the gate.( this was after they owed a couple of cleans)

In turn I told the landlord we continue to clean her house where she moved out to and she asked how's it going I said we have to stop because she owes and she sends us away.

She got the estate agent wrote a formal letter to the tenant outlining that the landlord's has put in the contract the windows to be cleaned specifically by her window cleaner and that if they do not pay for what they are they will be in breach of contract.

I was fascinated as how far she was going to take this because it seemed she was prepared to start eviction proceedings on this possible ground.

They contacted me paid what they owed and even charged a little bit of an extra clean for the clean they sent us away for because there was a difference in the frequency.

One things for sure I was really happy that the landlord was on our side and was pursuing the tenants for what they owed and to continue the service as she requested.
I guess high demand contested property landlords won't accept anything less. And if they skip one claws they might just get the other so they nip it in the bud

jonboywalton75

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2018, 10:26:35 am »

i dont care anyway mate....tenants can be a PITA anyway....the rent will probably be crippling every month!....bad vibe all around.....

You do care Daz, otherwise you wouldn't have taken the time to share this with us all🤔

Walter Mitty

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2018, 08:49:20 pm »

I've had the occasional situation before like this.  The aggravation taught me that the landlord is to take responsibility for the bill (I'm happy to email it).  It's up to the landlord if they wish to make allowance for it by the rent they charge.  In other words, not my problem.