Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jo5hm4n

What Van should i get?
« on: September 03, 2018, 09:46:54 am »
Looking into getting another van on the road within the next 3-6 months.  Currently have a Transit Custom Limited with a 650L tank.  Does the job as required.

Second van i am looking to get something much smaller, maybe like a Transit Connect?  What is the largest size tank i can get away with having in a van of this size.  350L/400L?

Second van will be used part time only so happy to get something fairly cheap.  Looking to spend about 3k on  a van.

Smudger

Re: What Van should i get?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 10:59:32 am »
Dispatch - pick up some really good ones for £1500 and will the 400 or 500 depending on the model

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

jo5hm4n

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 01:26:01 pm »
Dispatch - pick up some really good ones for £1500 and will the 400 or 500 depending on the model

Darran

citroen dispatch?  £1500 i feel like, you wouldnt get anything with less than 150k on the clock for that kind of price.  I am a bit useless when buying vehicles tbh.

What should you expect with a budget of say 3k?  As in roughly miles on clock to expect for a vehicle say 10 years old.

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 01:57:34 pm »
Looking into getting another van on the road within the next 3-6 months.  Currently have a Transit Custom Limited with a 650L tank.  Does the job as required.

Second van i am looking to get something much smaller, maybe like a Transit Connect?  What is the largest size tank i can get away with having in a van of this size.  350L/400L?

Second van will be used part time only so happy to get something fairly cheap.  Looking to spend about 3k on  a van.

the transit connect LWB models can carry 500L tanks quite comfortably.my payload(connect limited L2 240)is 936KG.......the older version like the T230 have a 905KG payload and a higher roof.both are good for 500L set ups....
price higher/work harder!

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 03:07:26 pm »

the transit connect LWB models can carry 500L tanks quite comfortably.my payload(connect limited L2 240)is 936KG.......the older version like the T230 have a 905KG payload and a higher roof.both are good for 500L set ups....

You need to be very careful when buying an older Connect. Ford did very little as far as rust prevention was concerned. I've seen a couple of Council Connects on 10 plates with rotten sills. So this has to be factored into the purchase, or at least have a full AA or RAC inspection carried out before handing over your dosh.

Currently Ford only expect a vehicle to last 7 years. Anything over that is a bonus to the owner and a negative to Ford. Forget about us plebs, business is happy with a new van lasting 5 years before they replace it. Leasing houses want the finance part of that new vehicle completed at 5 years.

I would be looking at a 2.0 hdi Dispatch/Expert/Scudo/Proace as those vans are at least galvanised.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2018, 05:12:38 pm »
my old connect was 12 years old (05 plate) when i got rid of it and it didnt have any rust on the sills or van floor and i used to flood it every month! ;D......before that i had an old kangoo that was 14 years old!again no rust!ive also never bothered with speedliner/protectacote either.....

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2018, 06:14:27 pm »
eBay or autotrader dispatch vans there is a decent number about with less than 80k on the clock - prices range from 1200 to 2000 most look mint - been looking at them myself but have now gone for a brand new relay at 16k

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

JandS

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2018, 06:30:45 pm »
Expert all day.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

robbo333

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2018, 06:32:10 pm »
I had the short wheelbase connect for about 11 years, on an 06. Brilliant van.
Never a problem with it.
Had a 350 tank, drilled a 60mm hole in the bulkhead to hold a down pipe, which held a 22 foot pole.
Got all my gear in.
Last year I needed a bigger van so my brother said he would buy it. (He is an MOT tester, who works for an agency and he does big miles, all over the south of England).
Sod's law, the clutch went £600 (it had done 100K miles, and Bournemouth is hilly), starter motor went and it needed some welding on the sills for the mot £100.
He now has it and got it chipped, for more power and better performance £380.
He loves it!
Best van I ever had!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Matt.

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2018, 07:46:32 pm »
I have always used renaults, the kangoos and trafic ........ Picked up a bit of work recently and needed another 2 vans so decided to try the Peugeot partner vans.

Great on fuel if u stay off the motorways, majority of work is traditional but have put a 350 flat tank in 1, but am looking for a 350 upright for the other,  just for that bit of extra floor space.

Stoots

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2018, 07:48:02 pm »
partner/berlingo 850

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2018, 08:41:03 pm »
Transit connects

The newer 240 LWB will take a 650 and the older version 230  LWB  upto 12 plate takes a 650

Ours runs quiet happy with that weight in it

But I guess what else is in it we have very basic kit and one man no ladders three poles max

p1w1

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2018, 09:48:06 pm »
just to confuse you even more ...Fiat Doblo you'll get more for your money then any of the above.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2018, 10:51:13 pm »
eBay or autotrader dispatch vans there is a decent number about with less than 80k on the clock - prices range from 1200 to 2000 most look mint - been looking at them myself but have now gone for a brand new relay at 16k

Darran

what sort of plates are you talking for that money?

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2018, 11:04:03 pm »
Transit connects

The newer 240 LWB will take a 650 and the older version 230  LWB  upto 12 plate takes a 650

Ours runs quiet happy with that weight in it

But I guess what else is in it we have very basic kit and one man no ladders three poles max

ive had both of those connects and i wouldnt put  650L in either.....with a 900-936kg payload its too much IMO

John Mart

« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2018, 06:27:05 am »

Darran
I’m thinking a new Boxer/Relay. I’ll be getting a new one soon although it’ll be a spare/my transport  until Spring next year. My first proper van was a Boxer and I got 7 years service out of it until the turbo went into the engine. Good vans. I definitely won’t be buying a Custom. Overpriced.

Smudger

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2018, 07:46:48 am »
The relay is a really good price now down from 28k to 16k I have a boxer and love that

Dispatches your looking at 53 to 56 plate

Darran