Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kerry

urine odour
« on: June 21, 2006, 07:10:58 pm »
Hi I’m Kerry,

Ive been in the cleaning business for about 5 years, I have recently secured a contract to clean empty properties for a large customer (roughly 1000 properties pa)

One of the main points brought up in the negotiations was- how would my company tackle the smell of urine in these properties.

I know of a few products in this field- one being urinator eliminator, it kills the bacteria that causes the odour.

Has anyone used this product or another similar chemical? How good is it, how much, does it work etc.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanx

Kerry

wtatum

Re: urine odour
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2006, 07:36:31 pm »
Hi Kerry,

Can't help you with the smell factor, have to say well done getting a contract to clean 1000 houses pa. Presuming you don't work weekends thats roughly 4 houses per day. You've got alot of work to get through....

"It is better to have lived 1 day as a tiger than 1000 years as a sheep!"

kerry

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 07:55:32 pm »
Hi Wtatum,

I do have staff in place to carry out the cleans.

Thanx

Kerry

wtatum

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 07:57:26 pm »
hi,
I gathered that, it was a well done, not many jobs like that out there.
"It is better to have lived 1 day as a tiger than 1000 years as a sheep!"

kerry

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2006, 07:59:14 pm »
Hi wtatum,

the jobs are out there, if the price is right you will get them.

thanx

Kerry

John Kelly

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2006, 09:10:57 pm »
Hi Kerry

I presume the odour problem is in the carpets. Unfortunately a lot of people think it is just a matter of spraying some magic lotion and the smell will go. It is not just the bacteria which causes the smell.
The problem with urine contamination is first of all the amount and secondly the uric salts which it produces.
When an animal or human urinates the amount of fluid soaks into carpet, underlay and the flooring below be it timber or concrete. The uric salts are hygroscopic which means they absorb moisture from the atmosphere keeping the area damp and making the odour problem ongoing.
All these surfaces need to be treated to have any hope of a succesful outcome. Sometimes the underlay needs to be disposed of. Carpet can usually be cleaned, back and front and the floor can be washed and treat.
Inreally bad situations as well as the above ozone treatment of the room may also be required.
If you need any further help feel free to give me a ring.

kerry

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2006, 10:24:42 pm »
Thanks for the info John,

The properties have had all carpets and underlay removed, the product I mentioned called (urinator eliminator) is a spray.

Disinfectants, bleach etc only mask the smell for a short period, the smell will return because the bacteria hasn’t been killed, lots of local authorities use these kind of products in public toilets.

My question was how good are they.

Thanx

Kerry

kerry

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2006, 07:02:41 pm »
I know Ive thanked you in the email but thank you again for all your help John its very much appreciated.  If it doesnt work out I will certainly trial the product your company can supply me with.

Kerry

Comfort Sector

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2006, 08:10:47 pm »
Hi Kerry,

Sound advice from John try this link as well

http://www.urineoff.co.uk/westmin.html

The company will answer any questions that you might have ask for a sample Mention that Richard from Comfort sector advised you to call.

This is the product that i use in nursing homes .
Regards Richard McDade Comfort Sector Its only clean if its Blacklight Clean www.comfortsector.co.uk

kerry

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2006, 07:17:29 pm »
Thanx Richard,

The product is similar to a couple I’m trying next week, I’ll let you know how good they are.

Kerry