Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ian Fletcher

people not paying
« on: August 21, 2018, 10:20:46 am »
Hi just wondering what you do when
people refuse to pay

I did a job few days ago
was not much £36
in my opinion there is nothing wrong with my work I asked customer what the problem was I could not see anything but did it anyhow

The nice lady said she would then pay me
via bank transfer

I've sent two texts asking for payment and nothing yet
oi mate you have missed a bit

Marc Stock

Re: people not paying
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 11:21:44 am »
Well she hasn't refused to pay has she.

She said she would do it via bank transfer; if she is an older lady she might simply forget.

Also bear in mind that to set up and pay a new payee is sometimes very difficult for older people to grasp; they have to mess about with the pin sentry device; or passwords or even both.

Id give it a week and then send a reminder. Keep your reminder standard and as to the point as possible..i dont even text them by name

"Dear customer. Please settle your window cleaning bill now; as it is overdue for payment..Best Wishes Marc"

If she is a persistent forgeter you might want to consider go cardless, or get a credit/debit card payment machine.

Go

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 12:47:32 pm »
Lots of people pay their bills monthly.

Marc Stock

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2018, 01:18:32 pm »
Very true. To be chasing after a couple of days you could be making it worse for yourself

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2018, 01:32:40 pm »
Even if you are "chasing early" - if it was a brand new customer I might send a reminder after a week, otherwise with regulars I don't worry until the next clean is coming up.

The fact she hasn't responded to your texts though would make me a little concerned.

BUT if she said she would do it that evening or the next day I think you are right to chase and I would go round in the next few days. (Is she on holiday though?)
It's a game of three halves!

Ian Fletcher

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2018, 02:47:49 pm »
it's been over a week now
just one of my hates chasing
people for money

just was wondering what other people do
it's not very offen i have problem

oi mate you have missed a bit

Marc Stock

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2018, 03:21:12 pm »
people for money

Well i just generate a list of due accounts at the end of the month and send out that standard payment reminder.

tbh if its really bothering you that much. Just give her a call and ask her if everything's ok?

Soupy

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2018, 04:03:44 pm »
people for money

A week? Is a week even late?

Shrek

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2018, 04:26:06 pm »
I had one last month 30 squidder - didn’t pay online after I’d been , then after sending several reminders with no reply. I sent her , can you pay please and then I can take you off my round if you want to cancel?
No reply.... the week her windows were due , I got the payment, so messaged her saying payment received, thank you for your previous custom and all the best.
I got a reply saying, I’m so sorry shrek , my dad died and I turned my phone off and went to Essex where my dad lived, I don’t want to cancel x

I felt like an idiot but I didn’t know what else to presume with no payment and no reply from her for weeks!

All sorted now  :)

Marc Stock

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2018, 05:19:23 pm »

I’m so sorry shrek , my dad died and I turned my phone off and went to Essex

Is your name actually Shrek?

Shrek

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2018, 05:24:30 pm »

Yes

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2018, 06:42:17 pm »
Just ger inta an abit wi it.

no paymant no mur cleenz

Oliver James

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2018, 01:41:11 pm »
We don't let anyone onto the rounds unless they've authorised a direct debit with Go Cardless.

The only bad debt we've had this year was from a customer who booked a connie roof, fascias and window cleaning. We explained to her exactly what work we had scheduled.

After we'd done the work she and then phoned us up saying that she never wanted us to do the fascias and connie roof and she cancelled her direct debit after the phone call.

You always get a few bad apples that you need to chuck away, but most of them are good people

About 30% of the customers will not sign a direct debit; but the upside is that the work has a high retention rate, and very few of them flake after a first clean.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2018, 04:07:25 pm »

Yes

Except on weekends when it's Princess Fiona.
It's a game of three halves!