Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

John Mart

Electric gates
« on: June 28, 2018, 01:50:54 pm »
Having had a few bad experiences over the years which I found slightly humiliating, I won't take on customers with electric gates unless they let me have the code. I've rung the bell and been pretty certain they were inside, in the knowledge that I couldn't do the job unless they open up.  I've turned down two this week.

alank

Re: Electric gates
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 02:14:11 pm »
No code no clean simples ;D

Shrek

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 02:30:35 pm »
Yeah I get the code too, most understand if you explain why you need it

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 04:06:01 pm »
It's crazy, the ones with electric gates will also have cctv in most cases. Therefore I don't understand why they are not willing to give the code, especially as I let them know they have all my contact details and address on website etc if in the instance something should go wrong.
If they can't be reasonable then I can't either.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

John Mart

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 04:16:22 pm »
Just had to say no to another that wouldn't give the code. The wife would but he wouldn't. They get quite annoyed actually.  ;D

Tom-01

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 04:18:00 pm »
Sometimes I will say I can try to arrange the first clean with them in, but after that I need the gate code, if we're not trusted I don't want to be there.

andyM

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 04:40:02 pm »
Just put a "windows cleaned" ticket through anyway.   
One of the Plebs

Splash & dash

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2018, 09:19:08 pm »
We will not take on work like this without the code  most of these gates now have the option of multiple codes so they can give you a unique number and they know when you are there as it will txt or email them we do quite a lot of properties like this

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2018, 06:00:22 pm »
No code then no windows get cleaned.

price higher/work harder!

Bungle

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2018, 06:48:40 pm »
Sometimes I will say I can try to arrange the first clean with them in, but after that I need the gate code, if we're not trusted I don't want to be there.

Too true Tom. I've got one (I know the code but she doesn't know I know). Has to be done on a Tuesday when the gardener is there. Last clean I could only do it on a Friday. Texted the night before and she texted back the next bloody morning saying it wasn't convenient and they were away. Strangely I saw the husband driving up the road that afternoon. £55 4 weekly job but seriously thinking of ditching it. She's deffo on her last chance even if I don't sack her off.
We look at them, they look through them.

Spruce

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2018, 07:12:36 pm »

Too true Tom. I've got one (I know the code but she doesn't know I know). Has to be done on a Tuesday when the gardener is there. Last clean I could only do it on a Friday. Texted the night before and she texted back the next bloody morning saying it wasn't convenient and they were away. Strangely I saw the husband driving up the road that afternoon. £55 4 weekly job but seriously thinking of ditching it. She's deffo on her last chance even if I don't sack her off.

Maybe it wasn't her husband driving off.  ;D
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Bungle

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2018, 07:21:45 pm »

Maybe it wasn't her husband driving off.  ;D

Good point spruce, it was the private reg number I clocked. Might have been her 16 year old son going for a razz  ;D
We look at them, they look through them.

John Mart

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2018, 09:51:32 pm »

I’ve got one like that though. Every 8th Wednesday when the housekeeper is there - in and out. Only one fail in 4 years but even then it was outsides. But it’s £225 a time so worth it. Saying that, the gates open when you drive up.